Windows 10: Problem with my HDMI (Sound) from my video card. Any pros?

Discus and support Problem with my HDMI (Sound) from my video card. Any pros? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, i've got hooked to my television my computer trough HDMI in my Asus radeon R9 280x The problem is the following.. when i was under Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RainZ, Aug 25, 2015.

1. RainZ Win User

Problem with my HDMI (Sound) from my video card. Any pros?

Hi,

i've got hooked to my television my computer trough HDMI in my Asus radeon R9 280x

The problem is the following.. when i was under Windows 7 everything was working just fine and now ..

I've got 2 screens plugged into my computer:
    1: Samsung P2350 23" LCD monitor connected with DVI on my R9 280X (that i use 90% of the time)
    2: Sharp LC60E69U 60" LCD television connected with HDMI on my R9 280X (to watch some series mostly)

While i was under Windows 7: when i was turning on my television and selecting to it in my computer the sound was going through my HDMI and i was able to redirect it to my Yamaha amp in my sound system. So i had a nice surround sound.

Now under Windows 10: i'm trying to do the same and going into my sound tab and selecting my 60" television as the default audio device.... but the option is ALWAYS impossible to pick. So i always have to watch my series with the sound of my computer.

I have a Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum so i cound always use the output from there and redirect it from the front of my computer to my sound system but its just retarded because i should be able to get my source from the HDMI from my video card..

Oh anyways my LC60E69U is grayed out in my sound panel ... but my display is extended on my 60" and its working.. go figure..

Any clue? advices ?

i'm open to suggestions!

Thanks

:)

RainZ, Aug 25, 2015
  2. Pavan1709 Win User

I have to reboot to enable my TV speakers

Hi Ashwin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow these steps to change HDMI cable setting to default.

If you’re using an HDMI cable to connect your PC to a monitor with speakers that supports HDMI, you might not be able to hear sound. HDMI cables support audio signals, but not all video cards with HDMI support audio. You might also need to set the HDMI audio
    device as the default.To check to see if sound is supported over HDMI follow these steps:

• Enter Sound in the search box, and then tap or click
      Sound.

• Tap or click the Playback tab and look for an
      HDMI
      device; this will appear as a speaker icon and will be labeled
      Speakers, followed by the name of the device.

• If you have an HDMI device, tap or click the device, tap or click
      Set Default, and then tap or click OK.Changing the audio device might require you to restart your
      PC.
    If you don't have an HDMI audio device, your HDMI monitor should have an audio input, and you might need to connect a separate audio cable from your PC sound card directly to the monitor. If the monitor doesn't have speakers, you'll need to connect the audio
    signal to a different device, such as external PC speakers or your home stereo system.

Some video cards with HDMI output require you to connect a wire from your video card to the sound device. This usually requires a small wire connection inside your PC from the video card to the sound card. Check the manual that came with your video card
    for instructions on how this should be done.

If you recently installed a new video card, it's possible that the video card driver installation app set your video card as the default audio device. In this case, you'll need to set your preferred video card as the default audio device to fix the problem.
    See the earlier instructions for help setting the default audio device.

See if this helps.

Thanks.

Pavan1709, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Rylan9922 Win User
    Sound wont come out of my monitor speakers Windows 10

I have my monitor plugged straight into my motherboard through hdmi (no video card or sound card) and my monitor has built in speakers. I would like to get my sound to come out of the monitor however in the sound menu the only 2 choices I have are "Digital
    Audio (S/PDIF)." There are two of them and i have no idea what they even are. There is a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" but it says its not plugged in.

Rylan9922, Aug 25, 2015
  4. RainZ Win User

heh nvm .. 2nd problems on this forum... 2nd time i fix it myself. I trying to reinstall my hdmi drivers through AMD drivers and it worked... it seems like my drivers were corrupted..

thanks to me ! *sarc

RainZ, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem with my HDMI (Sound) from my video card. Any pros? - Similar Threads - Problem HDMI Sound

2. No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card: audio driver automatic disabbled / eliminated. Reinstall no effect.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-problem-with-my-nvidea-videoaudio-card/cbfbdb49-1420-4152-8468-1890d0d29b52
  3. No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card: audio driver automatic disabbled / eliminated. Reinstall no effect.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-problem-with-my-nvidea-videoaudio-card/cbfbdb49-1420-4152-8468-1890d0d29b52
  4. Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Really weird HDMI case with my video card...: Here's something strange? When I plug in my monitor in the HDMI-port of my videocard, my desktop and stuff show up but no mousepointer! When I plug in my monitor in the DV-I port of my videocard, all show up just fine and the mousepointer shows up as well! How can this be?...
  5. Hdmi/graphic card? problem

Hdmi/graphic card? problem: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do...
  6. My Hdmi problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Hdmi problem: Every time I would want to connect my computer to the TV it just does not work. I tried updating the drivers but it would just not work for some reason. Can you please help me....
  7. sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads

sound from HDMI for an GTX260 Nvidia card with 2 heads: On this PC, with this video card, I cant produce any sound to the monitors. I connected 2 HDTV on this cad, and video is ok, but no sound. But the nvidia driver shows the 2 sound destinations (tv) When you open up playback properties, the only one I can use is speakers, there...
  8. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

No sound coming from my TV through HDMI: The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need. My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect...
  9. problem my video card with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem my video card with windows 10: hi, i when open video , mp4 file on media player or video on web player (youtube) windows have lag windows 10 pro dell inspiron 1564 my windows full update and Even reinstall windows but the problem did not resolve...
  10. HDMI Switches - Video card issue

HDMI Switches - Video card issue: Hoping someone can help me here. Status Quo - I have a Dell 9200 running Windows 10, with an AMD HD5670 video card with Aug 2015 Windows 10 drivers. Its connected to an HDMI projector (older Sanyo, 720P), and a legacy VGA monitor. The multiple display setting work fine....