Windows 10: Problem with my Microsoft account

Discus and support Problem with my Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't use a password to log into my Win10 computer, but I believe something asked me to change the password on my Microsoft account about 6 months... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pmennen, Apr 27, 2017.

1. pmennen Win User

Problem with my Microsoft account

I don't use a password to log into my Win10 computer, but I believe something asked me to change the password on my Microsoft account about 6 months ago (which I did). Ever since then, I get a notification popup every few days that says: "You need to fix your Microsoft account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device". I get this error message on my win10 laptop as well. I thought I could ignore it, but over time it annoys me more and more. Why would Microsoft continue to tell me to fix something without giving even the slightest hint about what is broken. (I don't notice that anything is broken except for this annoying notification.) I considered disabling the notification system entirely, but that is not ideal since most of the other notifications are somewhat useful. Does Microsoft not like something about my last password? Does it want me to change it again? I'm mystified.
    ~Paul

:)

pmennen, Apr 27, 2017

2. Problem with my Microsoft account n with the phone touch?

My way Windows mails are automatically deleted and i,am not able synchronized them,properly and get error message.

Sometimes there is problem with my touch i am,not able to handle my phone...plz,give rply...

AkshayPawar, Apr 27, 2017
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Problem with my Microsoft account n with the phone touch?

• Open the inbox in question
    • Tap '...' in the bottom right corner
    • Tap settings
    • Tap sync settings
    • Change the Download email from option to any time
    Touch problems are hardware related, contact your place of purchase or Nokia Care for help with that.

7thSense, Apr 27, 2017
  4. Problem with my Microsoft account

Hi pmennen.

On both devices I would confirm whether you are signing in locally or with a Microsoft account. Head to settings, accounts and look at "your info".

Then I would sign in to your microsoft account, prove your password and see if there are any errors.

http://account.microsoft.com

Next search this forum for "You need to fix your Microsoft account". Plenty of hits and suggestions to fix. Doesn't seem to be just one cause.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 28, 2017
  5. pmennen Win User
    Thanks Ken. Under "Your info" it says I have a local account, and also suggests that windows is better if I use a Microsoft account instead (which I don't really want to do).

I tried the search you suggested, but it seems that it returns a match for any thread containing ANY of the words in my search string. This is of course useless since nearly every thread is a match to my search. I tried including double quotes or single quotes around my search phrase, but this didn't change the search. I also tried searching for answers to my problem of how to search for a phrase and surprisingly I did not find any information.~Paul

pmennen, Apr 28, 2017
  6. Did you log into account.microsoft.com?

Cut and paste this into a google search

"You need to fix your Microsoft account" site:tenforums.com

I would go to Settings, Account and last item in left column, Syncing. Is it on or off

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 28, 2017
  7. pmennen Win User
    I did log into my Microsoft account but didn't find anything suspicious.

I did check that, and syncing is OFF. However this setting was "ON":

Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device

According to what I saw from the search phrase you suggested, this might be the problem, so I turned that OFF. I'll probably have to wait a few days before I know if the problem has been solved.

It's interesting that it is easier to use a search engine designed for the entire web rather than one that is focused on just the information you want *Smile

Thanks for your help.
    ~Paul

pmennen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with my Microsoft account

1. Problem with my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Problem Microsoft account

2. Problems with my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with my microsoft account: Someone please help me, whenever i go to account.microsoft.com on microsoft the website keeps auto refreshing and that is SO frustrating because i am trying to cancel an xbox gamepass subscription but i cant because of this stupid problem, ive already tried on so many...
  3. Problems with my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with my microsoft account: Someone please help me, whenever i go to account.microsoft.com on microsoft the website keeps auto refreshing and that is SO frustrating because i am trying to cancel an xbox gamepass subscription but i cant because of this stupid problem, ive already tried on so many...
  4. Microsoft Store Problem in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Problem in my Microsoft Account: When I login on any computer with my Microsoft account in Microsoft store and I open my library in Microsoft store message display add some app.There'nothing in your library I have also reinstall fresh copy of windows 10 X64 Pro...
  5. I've a problem with my microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I've a problem with my microsoft account: Hi I can't play online with my microsoft account. I've an error code : -9 help me plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-a-problem-with-my-microsoft-account/b9a864a9-6183-41b6-b8eb-e72d819387c8
  6. it said that there was a problem with my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    it said that there was a problem with my Microsoft account: I got a notification on my PC saying that there was a problem with my Microsoft account Most likely the password changed which I didn't change it, I got this notification after I turned on my PC, also I had a sticky note on my PC for like around 3 days now and now it was a...
  7. Microsoft Account Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Problem: I have a typo in my microsoft account and now i can't verify it. Can someone tell me how to solve this problem or fix the typo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-problem/b27ba62a-76eb-4668-b53e-a9442046364b"
  8. Microsoft account problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft account problem: I have logged this post under the Topic "Performance & System Failures" because I could not find a more appropriate topic and I think that it probably is a System Failure. However, if not correct then moderators are requested to please shift to what you believe is the...
  9. Problem - sign in to my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem - sign in to my Microsoft account: It keeps saying that credentials are incorrect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-sign-in-to-my-microsoft-account/89185711-2c4d-4643-ba34-0b29bb8479cd"
  10. Problems signing in with my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems signing in with my Microsoft account: Supposedly you are supposed to have one Microsoft account that allows access to everything. But I have had two different ones forever. I've got one that signs me into OneDrive, and then I've got the one for my live.com account. The one I have always used to sign into...