Windows 10: Problem with my sound device

Discus and support Problem with my sound device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I try to open any video or audio, both are not audible.The message popped up and show "We can't find an audio device" and "There might not be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tushi15, Feb 9, 2019.

1. tushi15 Win User

Problem with my sound device

If I try to open any video or audio, both are not audible.The message popped up and show "We can't find an audio device" and "There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be use by another program or it might not be functioning properly".

Please try to resolve this problem as soon as possible....

:)

tushi15, Feb 9, 2019

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 9, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Problem with my sound device :p

cadaveca, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Problem with my sound device

Windows 10 Sound Problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Problem with my sound device

1. Problem with my sound device - Similar Threads - Problem sound device

2. Windows sound device problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound device problems: I have a problem with the sound device. Everything was working fine. Then yesterday my entire sound device went away. Even the ones on my hdmi port. I finally found them in Device Manager under System Devices instead of Sound, Video, and Game Controller. This started after...
  3. Windows sound device problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sound device problems: I have a problem with the sound device. Everything was working fine. Then yesterday my entire sound device went away. Even the ones on my hdmi port. I finally found them in Device Manager under System Devices instead of Sound, Video, and Game Controller. This started after...
  4. Windows sound device problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  6. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  7. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

8. Sound problem with USB sound devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound problem with USB sound devices: Hey guys, I got myself 3 new audio devices Mic: Beyerdynamic Echo Fox USB Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 OHM Soundcard: Fiio E10K Olympus 2 (connects via USB to PC) The Problem: If I'm using the FOX microphone with my 990 pros everything works just fine, but when...
  9. Windows Sound Device Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Sound Device Problems: Hi everyone, I am having a problem with the sound device. Everything was working fine. Then one day my entire sound device was gone. Even those for my hdmi port. This started after the last Windows update. Also, my Realtek sound card is nowhere to be found. Thanks for help...
  10. USB PnP Sound Device problem

USB PnP Sound Device problem: Hi, I have the USB PnP device so I can record to the computer with an aux connection. When I connect the USB device to the computer, it makes an annoying buzz noise. Can anyone help?...