Windows 10: problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login

Discus and support problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just purchased 2 HP PCs for my elementary school age granddaughters to use for virtual classrooms. Both have Windows 10 version 1909. I tried to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerryF_607, Aug 9, 2020.

1. problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login

I just purchased 2 HP PCs for my elementary school age granddaughters to use for virtual classrooms. Both have Windows 10 version 1909. I tried to use netplwiz to disable the sign-in passwords and pass codes, but something went wrong. I thought I followed the instructions to uncheck the box and in the next window type the password. The result is I now have two accounts on startup, and both require the password pass code. How can I undo this? Somewhere on this site there may be an answer, but I have not found it.

:)

JerryF_607, Aug 9, 2020

2. How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2020
  3. My HP-15 laptop asks to enter a 4 digit numeric passcode "netplwiz" to automatically STORE userid's and passwords

Hi Larry,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the four digit pin for login screen and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X” and go to “Settings”.
    • Click on “Accounts”, under “Sign-in options” you will find pin option.
    • Go to pin option and click on “Remove” it will remove the pin from your computer login screen.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2020
  4. problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login

Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login

1. problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login - Similar Threads - problem netplwiz action

2. wifi problem action required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi problem action required: Hello ALL, after update windows, when i connected to wifi, it sent a notification action required and open a page on google chrome then i can use internet but other app which require internet to work, can not connnect to internet....
  3. Remove the notification/action required alert in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove the notification/action required alert in taskbar: When I get a message or something else happens in an app that requires my attention the taskbar will un-hide itself and show the app requiring attention. The problem is that the taskbar stays visible until I either open the app or press the Windows button twice. I haven't...
  4. How to remove the Windows 10 sign-in requirement, or at least go to a passcode of no entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove the Windows 10 sign-in requirement, or at least go to a passcode of no entry: How can I bypass the Windows 10 sign-in whether with user name or pin, which is the initial situation on my new Dell PC June 2020 with Windows Home? My Dell laptop purchased maybe 10 months ago does not have a required sign-in at all. My Dell PC from 2013 allowed me to...
  5. Passcode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Passcode: To whom it may concern, My computer was working fine , I just recieved the latest windows update and everything went fine. I was running low on storage after the update but was able to delete previous version of windows. everything was still finebut the next day I tried to...
  6. Disabling Login via netplwiz Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Login via netplwiz Not Working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuxify [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8lany/disabling_login_via_netplwiz_not_working/
  7. Reset passcode for Windows login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset passcode for Windows login: Sent laptop in for service and now my passcode doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-passcode-for-windows-login/4601e880-932d-4353-9986-925debfecedf
  8. Window 10 netplwiz problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window 10 netplwiz problem: Today when i changed my administeration account setting i change my account from administerator admin to standard and closed netplwiz then after when i tried to run any program as run as administerator it is not openning and as shown in picture i am also unable to run any...
  9. passcode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    passcode: I am trying to passcode protect a folder does anyone know how to do it? PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passcode/ef25342b-38dd-492d-8e27-9818f272a963"
  10. How to remove login action in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove login action in windows 10: Hi, All I need to do is to remove the login action after starting up my computer. I am the only user of this machine and is very irritating to see this every time asking pin or password!Tried to enter with a local account but no help.Tried the ‘’netplwiz’’ but appeared two...