Windows 10: Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have aproblem with one laptop windows 10 Pro accessing network shares on two othermachines with windows 10 Home. My problem: Laptop 1 cannotaccess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nomad4791, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Nomad4791 Win User

Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro

I have aproblem with one laptop windows 10 Pro accessing network shares on two othermachines with windows 10 Home.

My problem:

Laptop 1 cannotaccess any shares on Laptop 2 or the Desktop. The Desktop is asking for Windows credentials none have been set orexist. Laptop 2 cannot be foundWindows cannot access \\**Laptop2**.

Laptop 2 canaccess all shares on Laptop 1 and Desktop.

Desktop canaccess all shares on Laptop 1 and Laptop 2.

All threemachines are running windows version 20H2 updated in March 2021.

Laptop 1: Windows10 Pro

Network Profile set toPrivate/network discovery and file and printer sharing are 'on'

All Networks/public foldersharing is 'on'/password protection is 'off'

'Everyone' is set to 'FullControl' on all shared folders

SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing ischecked

All windows credentials havebeen removed

WiFi connection to Router

Laptop 2 andDesktop: Windows 10 Home

Network Profile set toPrivate/network discovery and file and printer sharing are 'on'

All Networks/public foldersharing is on/password protection is 'off'

'Everyone' is set to 'FullControl' on all shared folders

SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing ischecked

All windows credentials havebeen removed

Laptop has WiFi connection toRouter; Desktop is wired to Router

I have triedmultiple solutions found here in Microsoft Community but nothing has worked sofar. Anybody have a solution/suggestion?

:)

Nomad4791, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Microsoft to Introduce Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs

Microsoft is seemingly going to introduce another version of their Windows 10 operating system. After introducing Windows 10 S earlier in the year, followed by the "Chinafinitive" Windows 10 China Government Edition, the company is seemingly responding to specific market demands of professionals and enterprises. The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs (which was first leaked by Microsoft itself through an erroneous upload to the Insider Program) will apparently come in two variants, a standard variant, and the N variant, which is built to comply with EU regulations.

The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs will introduce ReFS, the successor to the tried and true NTFS file system. The new ReFS is designed for fault-tolerance and is optimized for handling large data volume, including auto-correcting capabilities and backwards-compatibility with NTFS. Additionally, Microsoft is baking in SMB Direct protocol file sharing in Windows 10 Pro for Workstation which allows for high throughput, low latency and low CPU utilization when accessing network shares. It will also introduce support for systems with up to four CPUs (up from Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro dual CPU limit) and 6 TB of RAM.

Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro 616dcdd0eadc_thm.jpg

Source: ETeknix

Raevenlord, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Problem Network Shares

2. network share between windows 11 and windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network share between windows 11 and windows 10: This questions pertains specifically about network setup between 2 computers - windows 11 and windows 10 respectively. I have read multiple questions on this microsoft community forum specifically about this exact same problem.... with NO resolutions provided.I have the below...
  3. network share between windows 11 and windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network share between windows 11 and windows 10: This questions pertains specifically about network setup between 2 computers - windows 11 and windows 10 respectively. I have read multiple questions on this microsoft community forum specifically about this exact same problem.... with NO resolutions provided.I have the below...
  4. Windows 10 Home Network access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home Network access problem: I have two Windows 10 Home computers that I want to be able to share files between, but I need help! My desktop ethernet and laptop wireless are on the same private network in my home. My two hostnames are \\Desktop\Users\Dougbert\Upstairs...
  5. File sharing between windows 10 home and windows 10 pro.

File sharing between windows 10 home and windows 10 pro.: I am trying to share complete drives and not just a media folder between two computers. After following the procedures as seen on Youtube. The windows 10 pro computer can open the folders on the windows 10 home computer with no issues. However, the windows 10 home computer...
  6. Windows 10 Pro network share drive not accessible, but a Windows 10 Pro VirtualBox install...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro network share drive not accessible, but a Windows 10 Pro VirtualBox install...: Since about 1 week network drives have disappeared from my Windows 10 Pro installation. There was a recent update and security updates. I have been unable to enable the network mappings since that happened. I have tried god knows everything that you can find on the web....
  7. Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems

Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems: I am at my wits end. What in the world has Microsoft done to the networking and shares access in Windows 10. I have spent days of research trying to solve the "access not allowed", "cannot access network path", cannot map to my NAS, cannot see other computer on my network....
  8. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Home Network and shared printer access problems: Hello, Have a Win 7 Home machine and a Win 10 machine. Win 10 can access some of the files (external HD) on my win 7 machine. Win 7 machine is NOT allowed into the win 10 machine for some reason. Each machine has its own printer (win 10 @ Cannon iP4700 series and designated...
  9. Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem

Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem: When I try to map NAS units on my home network I receive a message that I cannot connect to my file share because it is not secure. Also that this connection requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol that could expose my pc to attacks. As I have a total of 7 NAS units storing my...
  10. Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network

Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network: Dear folk I have my work laptop windows 10 that joined a work domain (not workgroup) and I have my home desktop windows 7 that on workgroup. My user domain been assigned to administrator group When I am at home and from my work laptop I used to access a shared...