Windows 10: Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor

Discus and support Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre M72, and have been using it with two monitors, Cintiq companion 2 (2560x1440) and HP 2159m (1920x1080) using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by amisu, Jun 20, 2018.

1. amisu Win User

Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre M72, and have been using it with two monitors, Cintiq companion 2 (2560x1440) and HP 2159m (1920x1080) using the onboard graphic card (4600 hd).

I replaced the hp with an Acer 4k monitor, so I also added a GTX 1050 2GB lowprofile graphic card.

Everything works fine, except that occasionally the Acer 4k monitor's screen completely goes black (like it is turned off) for one second.

I changed the cables (hdmi and dp) which did not help, but changing the...

amisu, Jun 20, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 21, 2018
  3. chofack Win User
    4K Monitor Loses 4K Option

Last night (11 Dec 2015) there was a Windows 10 update (I am running Windows 10 Pro). This morning my 4k monitor (ASUS PB287Q) was showing up as 1080p, and Settings does not recognize that this is a 4K monitor. The 4K resolution simply does not show up as
    an option. Nor does the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForece GT 370) recognize that it is 4K.

Why would Microsoft mess with any of that? I find this really troubling. Do I reinstall a driver for the monitor? They don't have a driver specifically for Windows 10, just Windows 8.

Chas

chofack, Jun 21, 2018
  4. bobkn Win User

Minimum Graphics Card for 4k monitor. (No gaming.)

I believe that to get 4k at 60fps over HDMI, you'd need a graphics card that supports HDMI 2.0. According to this link (a bit dated, August of 2016), the nVidia cards that do that are the 950, 960, 1050, 1060, 1070, and 1080. I see that the 970, 980, and 1030 also support HDMI 2.0.

It might be nice to have a frame rate greater than 60 Hz, but I don't know of any 4k monitors that do that.

Your i7-3770 isn't the most powerful CPU on the market, but it's pretty good. I doubt that you'd get a large improvement by upgrading it.

The GTX 1060 may be the sweet spot in terms of price/performance. Whether it's adequate for gaming at 4k, I have no idea.

bobkn, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with new graphic card and 4k monitor - Similar Threads - Problem graphic card

2. Does new graphics card affect monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does new graphics card affect monitor?: Hey so I just got a new prebuilt pc today it’s the asus rog strix i5 10400f rtx 3050 when I first set it up everything seemed fine I installed everything I used to have on my old pc but I noticed that my resolution was a little choppy and I tried changing it around but...
  3. Does new graphics card affect monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does new graphics card affect monitor?: Hey so I just got a new prebuilt pc today it’s the asus rog strix i5 10400f rtx 3050 when I first set it up everything seemed fine I installed everything I used to have on my old pc but I noticed that my resolution was a little choppy and I tried changing it around but...
  4. Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?: Hi, everything in my build was upgraded last year except the graphics card which is still NVIDIA GTX760. I want to upgrade to a 4K monitor for my audio/video editing studio. Do I need to upgrade the graphics card in order to connect a 4K monitor and use its 4K resolution?...
  5. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  6. New graphics card - lost 2 additional monitors

New graphics card - lost 2 additional monitors: Had to replace old power supply and graphics card...both went smooth or so I thought... Have 3 monitor set up which has worked fine for years...after installing new graphics card...zI can run monitor one by itself without issue...but when I connect monitor 2 or 3 I 'loose'...
  7. 4K pci1 graphics card not express

4K pci1 graphics card not express: Hello I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 8 gig DDR3 SDRAM 799MHz Intel Core i3-3220. 240 watts PS. i'm using my pci express slot for my SSD. i'm looking for a 4K graphics card, low profile, cheap of course. if you need more...
  8. Minimum Graphics Card for 4k monitor. (No gaming.)

Minimum Graphics Card for 4k monitor. (No gaming.): I currently have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 660. How do you determine what a graphics card can do? I have two monitors right now but I've been saving up to upgrade one of my two monitors into a 32 inch 4k monitor. Will my graphics card be able to handle it? I do some gaming but...
  9. Graphic card or monitor problem?

Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...
  10. 4K and 1080 Monitors problem...

4K and 1080 Monitors problem...: I purchased a 4K monitor and also have a 1080 monitor on my system. I have set the size of text, apps and other items in the Display options on the 4k monitor at 150% so its readable, at 100% the text is very small. I have set the 1080 monitor at 100%. The problem is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using older grafics card with 4k monitor issues