Windows 10: Problem with November Update

Discus and support Problem with November Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there I'm having problem with upgrading to the November update. In Windows Update I get that there was a problem with the update and it tells me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by eggibm, Nov 13, 2015.

1. eggibm Win User

Problem with November Update

Hi there

I'm having problem with upgrading to the November update. In Windows Update I get that there was a problem with the update and it tells me that I have to click on Fix Issues button under.

When I do that I get a pop-up that it tries to upgrade then it almost immediately comes with an error message that I can't install Windows 10 on a USB flash drive.

I then tried downloading the Media Creation Tool and do from there with same error message.

I have a 256GB SSD as a main drive with Windows 10 on and a normal HDD as a second drive.

I took two screenshots of the error.

Thanks

Problem with November Update [​IMG]

Problem with November Update [​IMG]

Edit:
    Well I got it fixed by doing step 2 from Joy Kamprai's answer in this threat:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-51594105d7c2

What I did was:
    1. Press Win-key + R
    2. Typed in regedit
    3. Went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    4. Changed the value of PortableOperatingSystem from "1" to "0"

Thought I would share my solution and hope this helps other people that are maybe having same issue.

:)

eggibm, Nov 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Nov 13, 2015
  3. R__G Win User
    Windows 10 taskbar search not finding desktop apps

Yes, I have installed all available updates as of today, November 29th. I have had this problem since the beginning of November, however, and none of the updates between then and now had any effect on the problem.

Thema:

Problem with November Update

1. Problem with November Update - Similar Threads - Problem November Update

2. Windows 10 November update problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 November update problems.: Hi, In the last few days my laptop running Windows 10 has, as usual, automatically updated, the most recent being 13/11/2020. However, on both occasions, the update has gotten stuck towards the end of the process leaving me staring at a black screen with the white dots...
  3. Problem with the update of November

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with the update of November: Hi guys,my pc after the last update doesn't use the gpu. On some games likes csgo I get 9-13 fps,this is strange because I have a rtx 2060 and the usage of the gpu is on 10 % or lower. I think is the update because the pc is running bad after the this update submitted by...
  4. November 2020 Win 10 Update Problems

November 2020 Win 10 Update Problems: I just updated my Win 10, and when I signed back in, everything was gone. Settings, files on the C drive, my default browser Chrome, the wallpaper, and my Office settings.... Gone. When I shut down and reboot, same exact thing happens. Thankfully, I have all my docs and...
  5. Problems since November 27th update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems since November 27th update: I can no longer access files in OneDrive in Word. It says I am not the administrator which I have been forever. How can I rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-since-november-27th-update/7bae6f8c-2a64-4837-b780-dc344b2ac0ff
  6. November Update

November Update: Someone at Microsoft isn't thinking very well. I had my logon set up the way I wanted it and the November update blew that up. Let's use our heads guys and don't mess with user settings you ARE NOT asked to mess with. OK?...
  7. Size of November update

Size of November update: Hey there! I have to update Windows 10 to 1909 version. What's the size of the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-november-update/2bcee78f-7b89-42af-a2bb-0990345ca022
  8. November Update yes or no?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    November Update yes or no?: I am not sure if I have the new Update or not, as in Settings I see on the one hand Windows 10 is 'up to date', but on the other it lists an update as 'failed to install'. Plus I understand that the 'features' part of the update has to be activated separately. What are the...
  9. November 2018 update

November 2018 update: Last week I updated my windows 10 for the latest updates, then when I turned on my laptop after the update the things I use such as browsers would not open but when I looked in the task manager they were showing as being open, but not displayed. Then the task bar was frozen...
  10. Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems: [img] Users report installation freezes for the new update Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Threshold 2 earlier today and users are already experiencing the first problems when trying to install it. According to posts on Microsoft's Community forums, installation...