Windows 10: Problem with Office 365 account

Discus and support Problem with Office 365 account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJG10, Apr 18, 2019.

1. JJG10 Win User

Problem with Office 365 account

Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365.

Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box to check saying 'fix Me'. I clicked that box and saw Something wrong with error code 0x8009016. I queried that code and found nothing that seemed to apply to my situation.

Office 365 on my laptop doesn't exhibit the problem and got an update with no problem.

What do I need to do to fix the problem ?

I can access my Office account via the web just fine.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Apr 18, 2019

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Jurgen G. Win User

Exchange, Office 365 account sync error

Thank you Cliffard for your contribution,

What kind of Office 365 do you have? Is it a business subscription or Office 365 Home, because I suggest there is something with the account.

You can contact Office 365 support in your region.

Kindest Regards,

Jurgen G., Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with Office 365 account - Similar Threads - Problem Office 365

2. office 365 apps disappeared; account sign in problems on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office 365 apps disappeared; account sign in problems on PC: I am running Windows 10 on my desktop PC which was working fine in November. I left the country for 5 months, and upon my return, all of my Microsoft Office apps had disappeared. I tried to log into my Microsoft account and was denied...some error message about how that...
  3. Windows Account versus Office 365 Account

Windows Account versus Office 365 Account: My mother-in-law purchased Microsoft 365 Family a few years ago and my wife and I are one of the members of her shared subscription. Question I have is when we launch let's say Excel I see my Microsoft account. When I launch Settings, it shows my mother-in-law's name and...
  4. office 365 and or MS accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office 365 and or MS accounts: I have companies sending me documents linked to a SharePoint box they hold docs in. MS I think claims i have a business and personal account using the same email address. I attempted to log in my account yet am receiving an error message as shown below. I have attempted to...
  5. office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    office 365 account: I want to add a computer to my office 365 account. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-account/976e110e-fae8-43ab-9520-8b38d37744ac"
  6. Problem with Office 365 installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Office 365 installation: I have bought Office 365 and tried to install it. I entered the product key (25 letters and numbers) but the installation stopped in the middle. Since that moment the Product key doesn’t work...
  7. Problem with Office 365 account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...
  8. Problems logging out of my school account in Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems logging out of my school account in Office 365: Hello, I found some issues today on my account when it does not fully sign out. When I logged in by my sharepoint then tried to log off from the Office homepage, it gave me an error saying "Sorry, but we are having trouble singing you out." It also gave me a code: Request...
  9. Problem archiving in Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem archiving in Office 365: I have been getting error messages when archiving. I have several folders with subfolders. I am getting a error message that I do not understand. The message is: The destination folder (Archive folder) contains items of a different type than the source folder. Verify both the...
  10. Office 365 Alert Problem

Office 365 Alert Problem: Windows 10 and Office 365 seem to not like each other in one respect important to me. I have had DestopAlerts TimeOn set in regedit since the beginning of my Office 365 on Windows 10. Several day ago, for some reason, an Alert doesn't show up at all when a new email is...