Windows 10: problem with old installation windows 10

Discus and support problem with old installation windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have a 128 GB SSD with originally windows 8.1 Pro that was subsequently updated to Windows 10, I have the original Win 8.1 disks and serial number.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrianJermain, Oct 18, 2020.

1. problem with old installation windows 10

i have a 128 GB SSD with originally windows 8.1 Pro that was subsequently updated to Windows 10, I have the original Win 8.1 disks and serial number.

During a recent windows update I lost the use of the USB ports and could not boot past the windows logo. Searching the internet I tried countless different solutions none of which worked. I went into advanced options tried restore, undoing updates both important and general and a whole load of other solutions but still to no avail.

I have now given up and transferred all data from the hard drives to other PCs and would like to reinstall Windows 10 back on to this SSD. I have tried to find the "new" wundows 10 serial number but nothing seems to work.

I have a long history in IT but my recent experience is over 10 years ago and what I am searching for is a beginners guide to getting a working copy of Win 10 back on the SSD without having to buy a new licence.

Can anyone talk me through the process.

Your cooperation and help would be appreciated

Brian Jermain

:)

BrianJermain, Oct 18, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 18, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

problem with old installation windows 10

Delta6326, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

problem with old installation windows 10

1. problem with old installation windows 10 - Similar Threads - problem old installation

2. Installation of Windows 10 on old computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installation of Windows 10 on old computers: Hello;I have repaired an old notebook with a formatted hard disk that had windows xp home edition ULCPC upgraded years ago to windows 7 with the original product key label. Also, i have a desktop computer that runs a Windows 10 edition Retail license activated with the...
  3. Installation of Windows 10 on old computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Windows 10 on old computers: Hello;I have repaired an old notebook with a formatted hard disk that had windows xp home edition ULCPC upgraded years ago to windows 7 with the original product key label. Also, i have a desktop computer that runs a Windows 10 edition Retail license activated with the...
  4. Installation of Windows 10 on old computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems installing bootcamp in windows 10 on old mac.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems installing bootcamp in windows 10 on old mac.: Hi I am trying to install bootcamp on my macbook5,2 with 4gb ram. When I run the setup.exe I get bootcamp64 is unsupported on this computer model. I have tried using the command msiexec /i BootCamp.msi. but than i get bootcamp requires that your mac is running windows 7. My...
  6. Installing windows 10 on old pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 on old pc: Hi, I recently built a new pc for myself which has been working quite well from the beginning. I wanted to format the hard drive of the old pc and install windows 10 on it, is it possible to format and install windows 10 on this computer using my new one? submitted by...
  7. Installing Windows 10 on old computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on old computer: I have an old laptop. It is Asus. I want to know if it is possible to install Windows 10 on this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-10-on-old-computer/2d65ae1b-e71c-457d-abdc-047017237eb6
  8. Problem installation with old software in Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem installation with old software in Windows 10 home: Hi, I have a problem with old software. I have upgraded my HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 Home. Now I'm trying to install old software, but this is not possible. I have tried all the old compatible version but nothing. before I had it installed on my laptop. please help...
  9. Install Windows 10 on Old Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 on Old Computer: I was just wondering why it says you can't install windows 10 to a older computer..I have a hp computer aug 31 2012...Wow 2012 but it still works great..So why does it say you shouldn't install windows 10 on a older computer? Thank you Alba [Original Title: Confused]...
  10. Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation: I have followed a few threads on manual removal of the Windows.old folder after automatic methods do not work, and none that I have seen has addressed the particular version of the problem I am seeing, which is that there appears to be a hard link embedded in this folder,...