Windows 10: Problem with old programme

Discus and support Problem with old programme in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using the basic text programme Write ever since the early MS OS. It has survived through 1, 3, 4, 95, 98, 98SE, XP, 7, and up to now, 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Snugglebugs, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Problem with old programme

I have been using the basic text programme Write ever since the early MS OS. It has survived through 1, 3, 4, 95, 98, 98SE, XP, 7, and up to now, 10. But when I tried to use it a few days ago, I got a notice that the "App" cannot be used on your PC. NEVER done that before.

Going back to any of those OS before Win 10 it still works. I have checked everything I can think of and even reloaded the application, but it still smugly informs me that it can't be used! Crazy, as it is such a basic programme!

When upgrading from 7 to 10 I carried the programme and all the files over using the folder Write. I have now tried putting the write.exe file into the folder Programmes (X86) and ensuring that I have set the compatibility setting to XP and Run as Admin.

No good - so any other ideas?
    (yes, I know it is dreadfully old fashioned but I have many .wri files which are simple and reliable. They do NOT transfer well to Notepad, Wordpad or Word.)

Tony

:)

Snugglebugs, Aug 13, 2019
  2. bobkat Win User

missing dll files for an old programme

I have used an old Brodabund family Tree Maker programme in many Windows versions as they have evolved. I successefully started it running in Win 10 but now I cannot open it. I get a message that tells me that variouse .dll files are missing. Can anyone suggest a means of curing this problem.

Thanks

bobkat, Aug 13, 2019
  3. bobkat Win User
    missing dll files for an old programme

Please ignore this request for help. I have just cured the problem by re installing some elements from the original programme disc which I have finally located..

I feel a bit stupid as a result.

bobkat, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Problem with old programme

Compatibility Problems with old Programms

I have an old Programme from windows vista, Greetings card Factory, which won't run on windows 10 what is the best way around this problem

DerekLancaster, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Problem with old programme

1. Problem with old programme - Similar Threads - Problem old programme

2. Windows 11 email programme problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 email programme problem: I am using windows 11 email programme. My deleted emails keep coming back to the inbox even when I deleted them and they are no longer present on webmail. ALso emails are not being sent and stay in the outbox. I have deleted and reinstalled the mail programme but still have...
  3. Windows 11 email programme problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 email programme problem: I am using windows 11 email programme. My deleted emails keep coming back to the inbox even when I deleted them and they are no longer present on webmail. ALso emails are not being sent and stay in the outbox. I have deleted and reinstalled the mail programme but still have...
  4. I can't uninstall programmes problem with installer.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't uninstall programmes problem with installer.exe: I have a Microsoft account - *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which is how I run Microsoft 365 and presumably Windows.However, I've come across a problem recently. Everytime I try and Run as an Administrator or uninstall and App it comes up with my private email...
  5. I can't uninstall programmes problem with installer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't uninstall programmes problem with installer.exe: I have a Microsoft account - *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which is how I run Microsoft 365 and presumably Windows.However, I've come across a problem recently. Everytime I try and Run as an Administrator or uninstall and App it comes up with my private email...
  6. I can't uninstall programmes problem with installer.exe

7. Problem in joining insider programme.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in joining insider programme.: Hello, recently I wanted to join the insider programme in my windows 10 laptop but some problem occured like when I am going to join the insider programme it says to me that atfirst I have to turn on the optional diagonostic data and afterthat when I go to the option...
  8. programmes

programmes: can anyone help ive two programmes that ive downloaded by accident but cannot uninstall them any help would be nice thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programmes/1da2c67f-b698-42f6-9cf4-8dec52ea5a20"
  9. Deleting old programme files

Deleting old programme files: I have a lot of SERVICE REMEDIATION files in Programme files on c drive which are taking up a great deal of space is it ok to delete the older ones and just keep the most recent Thank you...
  10. missing dll files for an old programme

missing dll files for an old programme: I have used an old Brodabund family Tree Maker programme in many Windows versions as they have evolved. I successefully started it running in Win 10 but now I cannot open it. I get a message that tells me that variouse .dll files are missing. Can anyone suggest a means of...