Windows 10: Problem with old programme

Discus and support Problem with old programme in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using the basic text programme Write ever since the early MS OS. It has survived through 1, 3, 4, 95, 98, 98SE, XP, 7, and up to now, 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Snugglebugs, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:22 AM.

1. Problem with old programme

I have been using the basic text programme Write ever since the early MS OS. It has survived through 1, 3, 4, 95, 98, 98SE, XP, 7, and up to now, 10. But when I tried to use it a few days ago, I got a notice that the "App" cannot be used on your PC. NEVER done that before.

Going back to any of those OS before Win 10 it still works. I have checked everything I can think of and even reloaded the application, but it still smugly informs me that it can't be used! Crazy, as it is such a basic programme!

When upgrading from 7 to 10 I carried the programme and all the files over using the folder Write. I have now tried putting the write.exe file into the folder Programmes (X86) and ensuring that I have set the compatibility setting to XP and Run as Admin.

No good - so any other ideas?
    (yes, I know it is dreadfully old fashioned but I have many .wri files which are simple and reliable. They do NOT transfer well to Notepad, Wordpad or Word.)

Tony

:)

2. bobkat Win User

missing dll files for an old programme

I have used an old Brodabund family Tree Maker programme in many Windows versions as they have evolved. I successefully started it running in Win 10 but now I cannot open it. I get a message that tells me that variouse .dll files are missing. Can anyone suggest a means of curing this problem.

Thanks

3. bobkat Win User
    missing dll files for an old programme

Please ignore this request for help. I have just cured the problem by re installing some elements from the original programme disc which I have finally located..

I feel a bit stupid as a result.

4. Problem with old programme

Compatibility Problems with old Programms

I have an old Programme from windows vista, Greetings card Factory, which won't run on windows 10 what is the best way around this problem

DerekLancaster, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:23 AM
Thema:

Problem with old programme

1. Problem with old programme - Similar Threads - Problem old programme

2. Unwanted programme

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted programme: How do I remove Segurazo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-programme/9cddff07-be42-4ef4-80ad-72c3510c15cd"
  3. Restore my programmes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore my programmes: For some reson all my saved stuff such as yahoo fb twitter has all disappeared off my google chrome button, how can I reset to an earlier date to see if they come back on windows 10 on my laptop...
  4. Deleting old programme files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old programme files: I have a lot of SERVICE REMEDIATION files in Programme files on c drive which are taking up a great deal of space is it ok to delete the older ones and just keep the most recent Thank you...
  5. Insider Programme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Insider Programme: Hi, I recently reinstalled a fresh copy of windows 10 pro and wanted to rejoin the Insider programme, but the Insider settings are stuck on Release preview (just fixes, apps and drivers) mode and every time I try to change them (to active development, fast mode) they bounce...
  6. Unwanted Programmes

Unwanted Programmes: To whom it may concern, Can someone PLEASE explain to me who it is at Microsoft who imagines they are allowed to force unwanted, non- requested programmes which seem impossible to delete, onto the computers of private users. I thought we had overcome this problem with the...
  7. Old program problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Old program problem: Hello! After i updated my pc to windows 10 from windows 8.1 i have a problem with a old program. It run, but when i minimalize the program and want to enter back i need to wait 8-10seconds. At compatibility the program work on windows xp (service pack 2) and works fain...
  8. incompatible programme

incompatible programme: after upgrading to windows 10 NUDI kannada softer not working .after trouble shooting it says incompatible programme request expert help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/incompatible-programme/82a36476-edc5-425b-9f94-9a282b0d2af0
  9. missing dll files for an old programme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing dll files for an old programme: I have used an old Brodabund family Tree Maker programme in many Windows versions as they have evolved. I successefully started it running in Win 10 but now I cannot open it. I get a message that tells me that variouse .dll files are missing. Can anyone suggest a means of...
  10. Searching for a Sandbox Programme for Opening Multiple Programmes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching for a Sandbox Programme for Opening Multiple Programmes: Hello, I'm looking for a sandbox programme for Windows 10 and I hope somebody can help me. Important: It should be able to run more than 1 sandbox at a time - like Sandboxie, but free of charge. If anybody knows of such an app in which you are able to open more than one...