Windows 10: Problem with OneDrive after updating to Windows version 1903

Discus and support Problem with OneDrive after updating to Windows version 1903 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A couple of days ago I updated to Windows version 1903. As far as I could tell the update went well. However, I have since found a couple of snags... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gordon99, May 27, 2019.

1. gordon99 Win User

Problem with OneDrive after updating to Windows version 1903

A couple of days ago I updated to Windows version 1903. As far as I could tell the update went well. However, I have since found a couple of snags relating to Microsoft OneDrive.
    Firstly, I noticed that the desktop shortcut icon had changed from a couple of blue clouds to the same but now within a folder image. This launch icon works ok and the OneDrive file is where it normally is within the "Users\username" folder. However, I have tried to change back to the the original or very similar icon but at every attempt the new icon will not launch OneDrive. When I inspect the Properties of the new icon I find the Target box is blank.
    Secondly, and maybe more importantly, I cannot locate the OneDrive white cloud icon on the Taskbar, i.e the one which indicates when OneDrive is updating. It is not amongst the hidden icons and in Taskbar Settings the OneDrive icon is selected as On.
    I have done a OneDrive re-install but this does not seem to have made any difference..
    I would be obliged if someone could give me guidance on how to get OneDrive icons back to normal.

:)

gordon99, May 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10, version 1903 update failure

Hmm, this is Windows 10 1809 which is the most recent release which is now being succeeded by Windows 10 1903.

I would carry out the steps from my initial reply to reset your Windows Update components.

Also review the following:

12 Things You Should Do Before Installing Windows 10

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prepare-comput...

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 1903

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Your configuration might not be listed yet, since it is just rolling out.

Ultimately, I would wait until the ISO file is available then upgrade offline using these steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, May 27, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with OneDrive after updating to Windows version 1903 - Similar Threads - Problem OneDrive updating

2. Windows will not update after Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not update after Version 1903: My Windows 10 has not updated since Aug. 21, 2019. The Windows Update says updates has not been checked since 2019.09.16. System specs, state Windows 10 Home, 1903, 18362.356. I keep clicking check and retry every few weeks, but Microsoft or my install doesn't appear to...
  3. problem with installation update Windows 10, version 1903

problem with installation update Windows 10, version 1903: Hello! One message always appears when trying to install this update. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you still see this message and would like to look for information on the web or contact support, this may help: Windows 10...
  4. Windows update version 1903

Windows update version 1903: My computer has downloaded the update yet, when I restart the computer to install the update. there is no attempt to install the update just a normal restart happens. after the restart i am prompted to restart the computer to install update again but no update gets installed...
  5. Windows 10 Version 1903 update problem.

Windows 10 Version 1903 update problem.: I have tried updating from Version 1803 to 1903 two times, and both times I have run into this problem. After the update, I can no longer open "Device Manager" "File Explorer" and other items after I right click on the Windows icon on the bottom left of the screen. Is there...
  6. Windows 10 Version 1903 - Update Problems

Windows 10 Version 1903 - Update Problems: Hello there. I am having a lot of different issues trying to install the latest version of Windows 10, 1903. When it was released around one month ago, I tried to update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant that I downloaded from the Microsoft Website. I however received an...
  7. Window 10 latest update problem on version 1903

Window 10 latest update problem on version 1903: I have found out that after the update having problem sign in then need to change password two times still not able, last turn off the pc and on again then able to open window 10 using 6 digit pin code. Window 10 normal start up. As go through the app under photos and video...
  8. Problems after Windows 1903 update

Problems after Windows 1903 update: I have had a number of problems since the Windows 10 1903 update: 1. Audio problems - sometimes there is no sound when I try to listen to a video or similar. 2. I often can't watch videos. 3. The Night Light option no longer works. These are the problems that I have...
  9. Problems with version 1903

Problems with version 1903: After having installed the 1903 version, I had so many problems that I had to choose to return to 1809. - Distorted welcome screen - Every time I shut down the laptop, it would not boot. The solution was to cause error and enter safe mode. After that, I could go into normal...
  10. Problem with OneDrive after updating to Windows version 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with OneDrive after updating to Windows version 1903: A couple of days ago I updated to Windows version 1903. As far as I could tell the update went well. However, I have since found a couple of snags relating to Microsoft OneDrive. Firstly, I noticed that the desktop shortcut icon had changed from a couple of blue clouds to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive problems with 1903

2. onedrive after windows update

3. 1903 update problems

4. office and onedrive issues after 1903 update,
  5. windows 1903 onedrive,
  6. windows 10 1903 onedrive,
  7. onedrive hanging after 1903 update,
  8. windows 10 1903 onedrive issue,
  9. windows 1093 update changed user profile,
  10. onedrive sync error windows 10 1903,
  11. onedrive cant find file after every windows update,