Windows 10: Problem with Open Lid power up

Discus and support Problem with Open Lid power up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop that I recently purchased. I turn off the power and close the lid. When I open the lid it powers up and I don't want it to. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DeanKelley62, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Problem with Open Lid power up

I have a Lenovo laptop that I recently purchased. I turn off the power and close the lid. When I open the lid it powers up and I don't want it to. I have gone into power settings and then system settings to change what opening the lid does to "do nothing". I then pressed apply and ok. I rebooted the laptop and then powered off. When I open the lid it still powers up. What can I do to power up the laptop only when i press the power button? TIA

:)

DeanKelley62, Sep 8, 2020

2. Lid setting does not recoginize power status change

We manage the policy to set the “When I close the lid:” setting on our laptops to "Sleep" on battery and "Do Nothing" on plugged in. In the basic scenarios, the results are expected:

• With the laptop plugged in, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was not in sleep mode.
    • With the laptop running on battery, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was in sleep mode.

However, with the laptop plugged in, I close the lid and then unplug the power cable to put it on battery and then opened the lid. It is not in sleep mode. Is this an issue with the Windows 10 power management, or is there
    a setting where this can be corrected?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

Ryan P. Dempsey, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Closing Laptop Lid Powers On Computer

I ran the power troubleshooter and it adjusted the dims setting, changed power plans, and adjusted the screen brightness. I did a clean boot and reset the power plans to default but the problem remains.

When I shut down and leave the lid open, it shuts down and powers back on. If I shut down and close the lid, it stays off. Then to power on, I have to open and close the lid.

Edit: Closing the lid powers off and opening the lid powers on. It also reboots after shutdown if lid is left open.

BlakeCamden, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Problem with Open Lid power up

Lenovo Z51 lid opening

Hello !

I`m having problems with the lid of my laptop.

So what happens is that during the day when the laptop is in my bag or luggage during flights, the lid slightly opens and close. Apparently this is enough for the system to start and load. It causes a complete battery lose in a very short time.

What I thought to be a solution is to ask my laptop to do nothing when the lid opens, just wait for a power button push.

I have been trying to solve this through the battery settings of the system but it seems like nothing works.

So for example in the advanced settings, there is power button lid, and when I ask it to do nothing it still turns on when I slightly open the lid.

I have windows 10.

Any suggestions??

Yair

יאירשמר, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Open Lid power up

1. Problem with Open Lid power up - Similar Threads - Problem Open Lid

2. lid opening action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lid opening action: I do not want my laptop restart when I open the lid. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-opening-action/49de6e4a-809b-42ce-9657-d5e8f85ca1a8
  3. lid opening action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lid opening action: I do not want my laptop restart when I open the lid. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-opening-action/49de6e4a-809b-42ce-9657-d5e8f85ca1a8
  4. How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?: I have an external monitor setup with my win10 laptop and everything works fine and I want to press the laptop power button to power up and start windows with the laptop lid always closed. How do I do this? submitted by /u/cryptotentnew [link] [comments]...
  5. Lid Open Inaction

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lid Open Inaction: Hi, My new laptop HP ENVYx360 Convertible 15 is running on Windows 10 and it does not automatically turn on when I'm opening the lid. The settings of the lid open action are "Turn on the display" but it still does not turn on when I'm opening the lid. However, it turns off...
  6. Start up when opening the lid

Start up when opening the lid: My Windows 10 laptop has worked wonderfully until recently. Whenever I open the lid, it used to restart instantly. Now--nothing. I have to turn on the power button and wait for it to reboot. What has changed? How do I fix this? The only info I can find is regarding...
  7. Power Up Problem

Power Up Problem: When turning on the laptop, it gets stuck on the acer logonothing happens, no spinning animations. Then i shut down the laptop by holding the power button. For the second time when i turn it on, laptop opens just fine....
  8. Lid Open Action

Lid Open Action: Hi! My laptop is running on Windows 10 and it automatically turns on when I'm opening the lid. I've tried setting the lid open action to "Do nothing" but it still turns on when I'm opening the lid. I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!...
  9. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  10. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...