Windows 10: problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system

Discus and support problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem with opening and recogni...zing an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system. Does windows 10 destroy western... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngelaGordon, Aug 23, 2018.

1. problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system

Problem with opening and recogni...zing an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system. Does windows 10 destroy western ditigal drives?

:)

AngelaGordon, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Oscnn Win User

1.5TB Western Digital External Hard Drive + $10 Gift Card $100

Newegg has 1.5TB Western Digital My Book Essential USB 2.0 External Hard Drive + $10 Gift Card for $100.

Oscnn, Aug 23, 2018
  3. GaryBaird Win User
    Windows 10 does not recognize western digital My passport Ultra external hard drive

What I found was that the WD disk must be connected to a "Computer" port. The WD disk CANNOT be connected to a serial hub ... it will NOT work on a hub. It only works when connected to a serial port ON THE COMPUTER. I hope Western Digital fixes this problem.
    Because it is a problem. There are just not that many serial ports ON THE COMPUTER, so this limits the use of any WD hard drives (newer) on any computer. I hope this has been reported to Western Digital. I have not done so, but it presents a real PROBLEM
    in using Western Digital external hard drives. I run the Windows 10 pro.

GaryBaird, Aug 23, 2018
  4. problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system

Windows 10 does not recognize western digital My passport Ultra external hard drive

I have a western digital My passport P/N WDBACKX00BBK-00 S/N WXE1S5605 external hard drive . Windows 10 does not recognize the device.
    How do I get windows 10 tom recognize the hard drive?. I've done what it was suggested, it did not work at all.

thanks in advance for your help. i have also tried it in other pcs. with windows 7 and windows 10.

mannyherrera1, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system

1. problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system - Similar Threads - problem opening western

2. Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow: I use a Western Digital 2 TB hard drive, and I use Acronis True Image to have it back up my main 1 tb pc main drive. The hard drive backs up at a speed of between a few hundred kilobits per second to 100 megabits per second. I've searched everywhere online, and I can't find a...
  3. Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow: I use a Western Digital 2 TB hard drive, and I use Acronis True Image to have it back up my main 1 tb pc main drive. The hard drive backs up at a speed of between a few hundred kilobits per second to 100 megabits per second. I've searched everywhere online, and I can't find a...
  4. Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized: Ok I have googled and tried tons of suggestions for a solution and nothing has worked. My WD External HD makes the connecting noise when I plug it in, but doesn't show up in My Computer.It is in Device Manager, but not Disk Management it showed up once there but I couldn't do...
  5. Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer: 6 not one, two three, four,five but 6. I do say 4 hard drives Western Digital 2 Seagate. All dead due to Windows 10 and its incessant need to run its indexing. Which can not be turned off or disabled and constantly kills them. This is exponentially increased by its incessant...
  6. Seagate & Western Digital external drives not accessible on Windows 10 PC & Laptop

Seagate & Western Digital external drives not accessible on Windows 10 PC & Laptop: Hello, I have two external drives that I use for both my laptop and PC. One is a Seagate and the other Western Digital. They are accessible on my laptop I use for work. I have not changed anything in regards to settings on my personal laptop and PC prior to having the...
  7. Windows 10 and Sabrent docking station not reading Western Digital hard drive

Windows 10 and Sabrent docking station not reading Western Digital hard drive: I just purchased a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 and a Sabrent docking station to transfer my files off my Western Digital harddrive. It was recognized at first and I copied over several files however when I tried to access the My Documents folder on the WD harddrive it stopped...
  8. Western Digital hard drive 4308A

Western Digital hard drive 4308A: Please advise. Is the Western Digital hard drive compatible with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/western-digital-hard-drive-4308a/4785e9b0-8afa-4e97-8bfc-d973e59927ed
  9. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  10. Western Digital Announces 14TB Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 News
    Western Digital Announces 14TB Hard Disk Drive: SAN JOSE, CA — Oct. 3, 2017 — Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC), a global data storage technology and solutions leader, today announced that it is providing cloud and hyperscale data centers the capacity required by big data applications with the world’s first 14TB...