Windows 10: Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10

Discus and support Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, has there been any updates lately which have caused a problem with viewing of jpg files ie photos, on tablets on a desktop ? I am getting an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NE5, Jul 9, 2021.

1. NE5
    NE5 Win User

Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10

Hello, has there been any updates lately which have caused a problem with viewing of jpg files ie photos, on tablets on a desktop ? I am getting an error message saying the file type is not supported or the file is corrupted. This is happening with both of my tablets. Jpg files held on the desktop are fine, its only if I scroll through the ones that are backed up on the tablet. PS I'm sure this has never happened before, but I'm questioning it now....... (Version 2004) Edit it seems i have switched on the ransomware attack protection button, and I remember doing this yesterday when my malwarebytes trial period ended. Could this be the source and am I best off leaving that button on or off ? I backup ALL my files on usb flash drives and a portable hard disk

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Best Tablet within 300USD?

Plz suggest me best tablet within 300USD.

Main thing which must be there is support for ms office, PDF & chm files.

Rest multimedia & all ok.

I found Kindle fire hd, google nexus 7/10 among popular tablets within 300USD. Suggest me best among these or other tablets.

But I wanna know if kindle fire can open chm files directly or need conversion? & which OS is there in kindle fire?

freebird_9924, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10

windows 7 tablet edition?

There is no "tablet" edition of windows 7 (all versions of windows 7 except possibly basic have the same functionality when it comes to tablets)- if it detects you have a tablet pc it changes a few settings (icon sizes) and installs a couple of extra applications which can be used with wacom/touchscreen style setups.

You can install windows 7 from USB with no problems, but I am not familiar enough with the steps required to do it.

human_error, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10

1. Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem opening jpeg

2. Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10: Hello, has there been any updates lately which have caused a problem with viewing of jpg files ie photos, on tablets on a desktop ? I am getting an error message saying the file type is not supported or the file is corrupted. This is happening with both of my tablets. Jpg...
  3. Problem printing jpeg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem printing jpeg files: Since yesterday both my printers aren't printing a complete image using jpeg files. PDF files are ok and print a complete image. How do I put this right please?...
  4. Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files

Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files: Whenever I try to open a jog or jpeg file I get the message that this file type is not supported. Has anyone else had this problem.?How can I fix it? Thanks...
  5. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Can not open jpeg files

Can not open jpeg files: Updated Windows 10 last night and now I can't access any jpeg files. All I get is the message "Package not found". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-jpeg-files/ec54d0d5-2d07-4027-a6ef-5f06b1c9848d"
  7. Error opening JPEG files

Error opening JPEG files: When I attempt to open a .JPG file holding a photograph, I get the message "Invalid value for registry". I never had any problem opening these files before. How do I fix this and get to my photos?...
  8. Opening JPEG files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening JPEG files: How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpeg-files/a69fd195-ca55-4a53-acf0-87e0a756b387
  9. Cannot open jpeg files

Cannot open jpeg files: ?? I am trying to work with images and I cannot open jeg files.. the windows photo view is not the option. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-jpeg-files/5efd03a1-cb88-45cd-93ca-e19b194086bb"
  10. Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files: Hi there I upgraded to W10 this morning, and since then, although everything seems to be OK, it will not open any PDF or JPEG files. I get an error message for the JPEG something like, " illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion"...