Windows 10: Problem with opening photos

Discus and support Problem with opening photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suddenly my pc unable to open any photos .The following dailouge occures everytime.Help please.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TaseenYasir, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Problem with opening photos

Suddenly my pc unable to open any photos .The following dailouge occures everytime.Help please. Problem with opening photos 91afe981-ac8e-4563-bdde-cf237cc192f5?upload=true.png

:)

TaseenYasir, Jun 11, 2020

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 11, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Problem with opening photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Dutch Win User

Problem with opening photos

Need help with getting "Choose a default" to work in Photo Viewer

Hello again. You are correct about that, meaning, I did state I had tried "open with".

Turns out, by simply using "open with" the problem was not solved. By taking the extra step after selecting "open with" and not selecting Photoshop there as one would expect to work, but instead selecting "choose another app" and then selecting Photoshop listed there, the setting held. It's certainly a convoluted way of selecting one's desired photo viewer.

Thanks again.

Dutch, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Problem with opening photos

1. Problem with opening photos - Similar Threads - Problem opening photos

2. Photo opening problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo opening problem: A few days ago I received a file system error message: C-2147219196 when trying to open a photo. I have tried twice to correct this based on info I have read on here but the problem still exists. Can you help me?...
  3. Photo opening problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo opening problem: A few days ago I received a file system error message: C-2147219196 when trying to open a photo. I have tried twice to correct this based on info I have read on here but the problem still exists. Can you help me?...
  4. Photo opening problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problem opening Photos

Problem opening Photos: I cannot open pictures. This started suddenly a couple days ago. I have literally spent hours with microsoft technicians and they all say "this will fix it" but so far, nothing. I can copy a picture and paste it to Word and it looks fine. [Original Title: Photos]...
  6. Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App: Want to use Photo Apps to trim videos. When I go to the .mp4 video file; right click; and select Open With .... Photos; the file won't open . I get a System Error -2147163901. Same result when I try to open a .jpg. When I double click on the .jpg file it opens up in...
  7. Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App: Just a few days ago I started having issues where I would open an image with the Photos app and it would take a while to load and then would just give me a black window. I try again, sometimes I get the same black window after a long load and other times the picture shows up...
  8. Problem opening my photos - help please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem opening my photos - help please!: Hello Have just got a brand new Acer Aspire 3 laptop to replace my old one and am running version 1903 windows 10 as before. Have transferred all my docs, favorites etc using a memory stick and all is great except............. I have all my docs and photo folders located in...
  9. problem not opening photos .. telling we cant open this file

problem not opening photos .. telling we cant open this file: when i clicked on my personal photos it is lauching the photos app as i know but the photo is not showing instead that it is telling that ''we can open this file''...
  10. Anyone experiencing this? [Opening photos problem]

Anyone experiencing this? [Opening photos problem]: Most of the times, it takes a lot of time or it gives error while i am trying to normally open a photo.. as you can see here. Sendvid - Instant video upload what to do? 31058