Windows 10: Problem with opening selected files/programs/folders

Discus and support Problem with opening selected files/programs/folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Heres my problem, Normally and befeore the problem starst - when I selected some files using CRTL or SHIFT button, and then double click lets say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mnnmi, Nov 25, 2018.

1. mnnmi Win User

Problem with opening selected files/programs/folders

Heres my problem,

Normally and befeore the problem starst - when I selected some files using CRTL or SHIFT button, and then double click lets say some photo, windows opens only the file i doubleclicked.

Now when I select even 20 and more files and doubleclick the last one, all the files/programs/folders opens. Its difficult when I chose some photos, and select few of them, doubleclick to check what photo is that, and it starts to opening all the photos in different windows. You can realise whats happen when You have 100 files selected.. :/ Any ideas to fix that?

:)

mnnmi, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Problem with opening selected files/programs/folders

When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Problem with opening selected files/programs/folders

1. Problem with opening selected files/programs/folders - Similar Threads - Problem opening selected

2. Unable to select file/ folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select file/ folder: From today , when ever I select a file or folder , "Do you want to move this file / folder to recycle bin ?" is asked .instead of allowing me to proceed furth* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Unable to select file/ folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to select file/ folder: From today , when ever I select a file or folder , "Do you want to move this file / folder to recycle bin ?" is asked .instead of allowing me to proceed furth* Moved from Community Center...
  4. CMD command to open random file from selected folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD command to open random file from selected folder: When I open up C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe or CMD, how do I make it open up a random file from a selected folder? I already know how to make it open up a file from a pathway of folders, if it helps....
  5. Sort files in selected folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort files in selected folders?: Hi,I'd like to be able to sort files in highlighted folders so not globally rather than have to go into each folder separately and sort them?Is this possible with windows 10 or is there an App for this ?Example 1 Movie folderFOLDERS sorted by NAMEFILES in folders sorted by...
  6. Problem with Program Files folder localization

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Program Files folder localization: Hi, today I noticed that my Program Files is not in my native language anymore. The x86 one is fine. The desktop.ini of the folder looks fine: Code: [.ShellClassInfo] [email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21781 I tried changing Windows to french and english and...
  7. "Open With" select program don't stay selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Open With" select program don't stay selected: Hello... I have a Jpeg file and when I use Open With and select what program I want to use to open the file, put a check mark to always use this program it doesn't do such. It will open the file with the program I selected, but once I close the program and try to reuse it...
  8. File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item: In older versions of windows When i did a search and right click on a item and select open containing folder it used go straight to that item. But with windows it justs open the folder then you have to again for the same file. Is there any way to get the old search...
  9. Sort files in selected folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files in selected folders: Hi, i sort files by opening the folder then right click sort by name(descending) is there a way when i select several folders to sort the files in each folder by name(descending) in one click? 81188
  10. Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder: I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission... There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ? Thank Hispa 11933