Windows 10: Problem with OpenShell

Discus and support Problem with OpenShell in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I hope someone might be able to help. We have Open 4_4_142 on two laptops. There have been no problems over the years until my wife suddenly had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john7, Mar 9, 2020.

1. john7 Win User

Problem with OpenShell

Hi I hope someone might be able to help. We have Open 4_4_142 on two laptops. There have been no problems over the years until my wife suddenly had things go wrong. The W10 start andW10 desktop with basic tiles appeared in place of the Open setup and desk top shortcuts she uses. The taskbar was the basic W10 one as well. I have uninstalled and after re downloading and reinstalled Open Shell, I used my setting but its now a mix of open shell start batten, click on it and the Open Shell W7 style start is there but with The W10 desktop and task bar. To confuse things as I have tried things the old desktop can be seen on occasion but it goes back to the W10 one. Sorry if this is a bit confusing, it in my younger years (mid 70's now!) it would be an interesting challenge, but now its just a pain and my wife is finding it very difficult to cope with the screen as it is.

:)

john7, Mar 9, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Mar 9, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Problem with OpenShell

UNIGINE-Valley BENCHMARK scores

OK, no problem! It's your list...I was just making a suggestion. No hard feelings?

rtwjunkie, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Problem with OpenShell

1. Problem with OpenShell - Similar Threads - Problem OpenShell

2. PC crashing with no BSOD. I'm not sure if it's a problem with a driver, the graphics card,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing with no BSOD. I'm not sure if it's a problem with a driver, the graphics card,...: To start things off, I bought an HP Gaming PC back in 2021 TG01-1000 series. I decided that I wanted to upgrade the PC's components over time and decided to upgrade the RAM and add a second Hard Drive during a Black Friday sale in 2022. Everything was working fine, until...
  3. PC crashing with no BSOD. I'm not sure if it's a problem with a driver, the graphics card,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing with no BSOD. I'm not sure if it's a problem with a driver, the graphics card,...: To start things off, I bought an HP Gaming PC back in 2021 TG01-1000 series. I decided that I wanted to upgrade the PC's components over time and decided to upgrade the RAM and add a second Hard Drive during a Black Friday sale in 2022. Everything was working fine, until...
  4. Microsoft Edge sync problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge sync problems: Hello!I have been having Microsoft Edge sync problems for a month now. Every 2-3 days I would get suddenly logged off the browser profile and this message would appear : We can't sync to your account since we need to confirm that it's you. Please sign in again to verify your...
  5. Microsoft Edge sync problems

Microsoft Edge sync problems: Hello!I have been having Microsoft Edge sync problems for a month now. Every 2-3 days I would get suddenly logged off the browser profile and this message would appear : We can't sync to your account since we need to confirm that it's you. Please sign in again to verify your...
  6. Microsoft Edge sync problems

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.: When I use the Chinese Input Method, the icon in the red box is not aligned with the icon above it, or I would like to be able to remove the icon in the red box and just leave the character ""....
  8. This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.

This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.: When I use the Chinese Input Method, the icon in the red box is not aligned with the icon above it, or I would like to be able to remove the icon in the red box and just leave the character ""....
  9. This is a question about input method settings, as detailed in the problem description below.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. how to fix There’s a problem with Windows Shell Experience Host. Refreshing your PC might...

how to fix There’s a problem with Windows Shell Experience Host. Refreshing your PC might...: Ive already tried sfc /scannow and other methods and i even uninstalled an update to fix it but it wouldn't work, the only things that does not work is the action center and the calander wich you find on the cornor of your pc also the pinning tools right clicking the apps...