Windows 10: Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode

Discus and support Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I rotate my screen, Say from Landscape to portrait, then the mouse pointer's orientation also changes to that of portrait mode. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sanidhya Kumar Ghosal, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode

Whenever I rotate my screen, Say from Landscape to portrait, then the mouse pointer's orientation also changes to that of portrait mode. Is there any way that I can keep the orientation of the mouse pointer as in landscape mode, howsoever the screen is rotated. This is because many times I have to work in portrait mode but the mouse orientation does not allow me to move my mouse accordingly.

:)

Sanidhya Kumar Ghosal, Jul 9, 2020

2. Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Orientation resets to portrait on logout or reboot

I have my tablet set to portrait orientation, but if I log out or reboot it reverts to portrait, even if rotation lock is on. I assume this is because it's an 8" tablet which MS decided are meant to be used in portrait but surely if rotation lock is on then it should respect that setting?

Toshiba Encore 8 on build 10162

Mimizuku no Lew, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode

screen orientation

Hi,

There's an option on Windows 10 to switch between landscape and portrait orientation. We recommend following these steps on how to switch the screen orientation from portrait to landscape:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Under Orientation, select on Landscape and click
      Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode

1. Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode - Similar Threads - Problem orientation mouse

2. Mouse is not adjusting to monitor in portrait orientation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse is not adjusting to monitor in portrait orientation.: I have a laptop and 2 external monitors. My main monitor is connected to my laptop via HDMI the only hdmi port the laptop has. The second monitor I have is connected via a usb-c to hdmi adapter, and it is the monitor that I have in portrait orientation. So to give you a...
  3. Mouse is not adjusting to monitor in portrait orientation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse is not adjusting to monitor in portrait orientation.: I have a laptop and 2 external monitors. My main monitor is connected to my laptop via HDMI the only hdmi port the laptop has. The second monitor I have is connected via a usb-c to hdmi adapter, and it is the monitor that I have in portrait orientation. So to give you a...
  4. can I get it in portrait orientation?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can I get it in portrait orientation?: is there any way to change the orientation maybe portrait instead of landscape? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-it-in-portrait-orientation/156e23b6-acc9-4506-85c4-02c910ec0fcc
  5. can I get it in portrait orientation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I get it in portrait orientation?: is there any way to change the orientation maybe portrait instead of landscape? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-it-in-portrait-orientation/156e23b6-acc9-4506-85c4-02c910ec0fcc
  6. can I get it in portrait orientation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Portrait Screen Orientation Menu Limitations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Portrait Screen Orientation Menu Limitations: I have recently rotated one of my two displays to portrait mode. The downside seems to be that Outlook is not set up to work properly in this orientation and I am not able to lock the folder pane to visible. When navigating to the "view" tab and selecting "folder pane" ,...
  8. Display Orientation to portrait But how to Mouse movement in landscape

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Orientation to portrait But how to Mouse movement in landscape: I am on a laptop and I want to use a software in portrait mode but I want mouse setting in landscape. In portrait my mouse setting are flipped, when I move to the left it goes up and vice versa. i want it to go up when I drag my mouse to up and to left when I drag my mouse to...
  9. Portrait Orientation Hack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portrait Orientation Hack?: Hey guys! I'm on a dual screen set up with both monitors being ultrawide (productivity babyyyyyy). But on my second monitor that is in portrait to save desk space, I'm always having to drag windows around to fix the bottom or top half of the screen. I want to know if there...
  10. Orientation resets to portrait on logout or reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Orientation resets to portrait on logout or reboot: I have my tablet set to portrait orientation, but if I log out or reboot it reverts to portrait, even if rotation lock is on. I assume this is because it's an 8" tablet which MS decided are meant to be used in portrait but surely if rotation lock is on then it should respect...