Windows 10: Problem with Outlook account profiles in left navigation pane

Discus and support Problem with Outlook account profiles in left navigation pane in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm really hoping there's an Outlook expert on here since I didn't get too far with this question on the Microsoft support page. I just upgraded from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Madrona, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Madrona Win User

Problem with Outlook account profiles in left navigation pane

I'm really hoping there's an Outlook expert on here since I didn't get too far with this question on the Microsoft support page. I just upgraded from Windows 7 (with Office 2010) to Windows 10 (with Office 2019) while also upgrading my computer with a new SSD. I have an online email account with GMX.COM and use two different email addresses with this email provider. I have them both connected to Outlook 2019 (like I had with Outlook 2010) via POP3. Before I upgraded everything, I saved the .pst files from Outlook 2010 for both email addresses. With Outlook 2019, I did the POP3 connection and had two email addresses set up in my left side navigation pane, just like before. Then I imported the .pst files from one email address name which for some reason ended up being imported into the other name. No big deal, I just moved those folders into and under the other proper email address name. (this email address has fewer folders). Then I imported the .pst files into the other email name (with more folders), but I think I must have not checked the appropriate boxes to make sure the folders were not duplicated because the folders did in fact get duplicated. So now I had duplicate junk folders, sent folders, deleted folders, inbox folders, etc.,... all under the same email address name. It also created a duplicate of the same primary email address account visible on the left navigation pane. I tried to delete this email address, but couldn't because the option to remove/delete is greyed out. I then deleted the account file under account settings, which prevented me from opening Outlook. So I restored the file, but this somehow produced a third duplicate primary account name in the left navigation pane. Aarrrgh!! So I went into the profile listings and deleted two of the three email address accounts that were the same. This cleared up the issue of duplicate email addresses in the left side navigation pane. But now, within that email address, I still have duplicate individual folders. Is there anything I can do at this point to get rid of the duplicate folders? Or is it possible to start over from scratch setting up my Outlook 2019 account again and re-importing the .pst files? Thanks.

:)

Madrona, Jul 17, 2021

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Problem with Outlook account profiles in left navigation pane [​IMG]

TechGuy737, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Problem with Outlook account profiles in left navigation pane :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Problem with Outlook account profiles in left navigation pane

OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer. But now, I set the Group Policy back to NOT CONFIGURED, rebooted the machine and the OneDrive is still missing from the the left side of the Windows File Explorer navigation pane as shown in my image. I even performed the command GPUPDATE /FORCE.

My laptop is a standalone, not part of a Domain.

I tried all the things listed from the article below but with no luck. I also was able to sign in with my OneDrive account and that was all fine and OneDrive appeared on the File Explorer pane. But once I UNLINKED my account from OneDrive, the OneDrive was still missing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-b74545c7f4da

Even if no Group Policies are set, and even NOT signing into OneDrive, by default, the OneDrive icon should still appear on the left side navigation pane when launching Windows File Explorer.

And suggestions?

My guess is to recreate my user profile, but I don't really want to do that now.

win10freak, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Problem with Outlook account profiles in left navigation pane

1. Problem with Outlook account profiles in left navigation pane - Similar Threads - Problem Outlook account

2. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. Navigation pane blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigation pane blank: Hey all, We have a user that is having an issue with her navigation pane when she saves attachments from Outlook. Whether she saves one or multiple attachments and the File Explorer window comes up to save the whole navigation pane is blank see picture. Any quick fixes?...
  6. Windows explorer problem - navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer problem - navigation pane: When I opened a folder in Win7 by using a shortcut, the folder was always shown at the top of the navigation pane, so its subfolders were visible below it, and immediately available to open with just a click. In Windows 10, it behaves differently, with the open folder shown...
  7. Pin RDP to File Explorer's navigation pane on its left.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin RDP to File Explorer's navigation pane on its left.: Is it possible to pin a running (if that's the right term) Windows RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) to File Explorer's navigation pane on its left....
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Navigation Pane Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Blank: Hi guys, Got this weird issue that's started today, for some reason my navigation pane is blank.... [img] 38052
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888