Windows 10: Problem with Outlook

Discus and support Problem with Outlook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had not signed into Outlook for a long time. Today I went in and successfully changed my password. Then every time I tried to send a song to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RJLaRance, Jan 1, 2021.

1. RJLaRance Win User

Problem with Outlook

I had not signed into Outlook for a long time. Today I went in and successfully changed my password. Then every time I tried to send a song to my gmail, Outlook would just give me an error message and tell me to sign in ... again, again and again. I am frustrated. The method suggested by Microsoft for sharing to a flash drive doesn't work. Can you help me get this "Groove Music" program working properly? Oh, and you really need a chat window. I don't want to go through the expense of buying software to replace Groove. Maybe you'll have to message me on FB if you don't want me to use my other email address, since Outlook is on the fritz. Have a good 'un

Duke LaRance

[Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending and receiving attachments]

:)

RJLaRance, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Steve Fan Win User

Outlook 2016 problems

As suggested by Appleoddity, the first step is to disable all your add-ins to determine whether the issue is caused by a problematic add-in.

If issue still continues when all add-ins are disabled, then you can try renaming the following \Outlook registry key to \Outlook-1 when Outlook is closed:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook

Then, start Outlook and create your new profile to test it. When you start Outlook in safe mode, most of the customization settings are disabled, and these customization settings are stored in the \Outlook registry key. If it doesn't work, you can just renaming the newly generated \Outlook key to \Outlook-2, and then rename the \Outlook-1 key back to \Outlook.

Steve Fan, Jan 1, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Problem with Outlook

Outlook 2016 problems

My company “upgraded” my laptop from Windows 7 to 10. My MS Outlook 2016 is behaving very strange. First, subfolders of the inbox won’t appear until I create a “test” folder in the inbox. Then I have to do this for each subfolder. I also noticed an intermittent problem with attaching files from the toolbar (nothing happens), and my signature doesn't appear in a new email, even when I try to insert it from the toolbar (nothing happens). These problems all disappear when I run Outlook in Safe Mode, and all of the subfolders show up in OWA. Our IT department thought they fixed it, but the problems reappear intermittently depending on what I do.

What I have tried so far:

• Uninstall Office and reinstall
    • Remove email profile and create a new one
    • Run command > outlook.exe / resetnavpane
    • Run command > outlook.exe / cleanviews

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

sparkynerd, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Problem with Outlook

1. Problem with Outlook - Similar Threads - Problem Outlook

2. Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.: Hello there,I live in Spain; I have a surface laptop bought in the same country which I use to write email using Outlook. The problem is that whenever I choose to write in English, the software instantly decides to underline all my prose with annoying red squiggles. In an...
  3. Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.: Hello there,I live in Spain; I have a surface laptop bought in the same country which I use to write email using Outlook. The problem is that whenever I choose to write in English, the software instantly decides to underline all my prose with annoying red squiggles. In an...
  4. Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Outlook Download Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Download Problems: I have been using Microsoft Outlook for years. Lately, I have experienced download wait time ranging from seconds, to several hours. I want to continue using the older version of outlook as I do not like the new one but need help getting to be more responsive. Please advise....
  6. Outlook Download Problems

Outlook Download Problems: I have been using Microsoft Outlook for years. Lately, I have experienced download wait time ranging from seconds, to several hours. I want to continue using the older version of outlook as I do not like the new one but need help getting to be more responsive. Please advise....
  7. Outlook Download Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11: Hi I have 365 and am using it on a laptop and desktop. The problem I have with both is that emails do not "Send" from a BT internet account. Seems fine with Gmail and Outlook accounts. Bt Internet inbox works but sent emails just sit in the Outbox. You can force it by...
  9. Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11

Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11: Hi I have 365 and am using it on a laptop and desktop. The problem I have with both is that emails do not "Send" from a BT internet account. Seems fine with Gmail and Outlook accounts. Bt Internet inbox works but sent emails just sit in the Outbox. You can force it by...
  10. Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...

Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...: I am having issues with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. I have deleted all rules, started over, cleared cache, cleared cookies, and re-installed Outlook 2016 desktop, but to no avail. I am using a 2022 LG Laptop, Windows...