Windows 10: Problem with paging file.

Discus and support Problem with paging file. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, with some paging file settings, how can I maximize RAM or get rid of unnecessary services, can make Windows 10 run even faster. And how to do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steven N.Kral, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Problem with paging file.

Hi, with some paging file settings, how can I maximize RAM or get rid of unnecessary services, can make Windows 10 run even faster.

And how to do it?

:)

Steven N.Kral, Feb 19, 2019
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Feb 19, 2019
  3. System Paging File Help

the problem with letting the system manage the page file is you will end up with more defragmented files as the page file grows and shrinks,

you should set a min page file size of say the same size of your ram and then double it and add just a bit more for the maximum size so you wont run into problems running out of ram.

or the smart thing to do is to watch the amount of total ram your system use's and modify your page file to suite.

slyfox2151, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Problem with paging file.

Page File

I would never turn off your page file. Ever. EVER! I put my page file on a separate partition in the middle of the HD, so it is about 2% faster! If you have to mess with your page file, do what I did.

PVTCaboose1337, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Problem with paging file.

1. Problem with paging file. - Similar Threads - Problem paging file

2. Page setup problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page setup problem.: Recently while I was in Facebook, the text and pictures all of a sudden magnified. I have no idea if this is a Facebook or windows setup problem. Facebook behaves on my other computers. It is annoying because everything is huge, and it's hard to navigate Facebook. I'm not...
  3. Page setup problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page setup problem.: Recently while I was in Facebook, the text and pictures all of a sudden magnified. I have no idea if this is a Facebook or windows setup problem. Facebook behaves on my other computers. It is annoying because everything is huge, and it's hard to navigate Facebook. I'm not...
  4. Paging file issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paging file issue: Dear community,Everytime my computer starts, a "Performance Options" window is already open on the desktop, the "Advanced" tab is active. In "virtual memory", "no paging file" is set. The Paging File Size of C: is "none". If I set "system managed size" and "automatically set...
  5. Home page problem

in Browsers and Email
    Home page problem: Home page does not load. I get this unwanted page. Microsoft Edge Chrome.See attachment-a real pain! Home page is set correctly, but overwritten by this junk. Windows 10 latest version. 180203
  6. Paging Files/VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Paging Files/VM: Okay, so here I am playing my world of warship game and notice that sometimes my fps drops or the computers starts to slow things down on me. So I looked at my drive that the game is on (as I have 2 M.2 and 3 SSD) and notice that it's taking it over 2 ms to read or write. So...
  7. Page File Query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page File Query: I only have 4 gigs memory. Dell says I can only upgrade to 6 gigs but Crucial says 2 banks of 4 gigs is okay. MS recommends my page file to be set at 1394 megs. I've read that 2 x memory total is a number to shoot at. That would be around 8 gig page file. Space is not a...
  8. Paging File

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paging File: Hi I am running windows 10 pro with 12GB of RAM. What is the best setting to use on the paging file to get the best proformance and how can I calculate it in case I increase the memory?...
  9. Amazon.com Page Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Amazon.com Page Problem: Tonight I started having a problem where some of Amazon's pages, such as the logon page and cart, display as standard HTML with broken images and a white background. This happens in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. [img] At first I thought it might be a router issue, but...
  10. Paging files or not?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Paging files or not?: Hi! I currently have a laptop with a PCIe SSD, 16GB RAM DDR4 and an HDD mainly for games and storage. In terms of paging I have system-managed size paging files for the SSD and for both partitions of the HDD. Would I experience any improvements in performance by not...