Windows 10: Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update

Discus and support Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the Windows 10 update, I cannot get a horizontal arrow on small selections. Is there a work around or any chance Microsoft will fix it? I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kelly M_222, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update

Since the Windows 10 update, I cannot get a horizontal arrow on small selections. Is there a work around or any chance Microsoft will fix it?

I used to be able to make very precise adjustments but now, even though there are handles all around a small selection, only the diagonal arrow appears. This is also tedious if I paste a small selection into paint. I have to increase the zoom to get the move tool.

Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update feaf9c7c-90c3-4472-ab95-03776d0fe081?upload=true.jpg Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update 6e28f03a-13db-42e0-8533-44c8c153bca1?upload=true.jpg Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update 92fd1ee8-d61f-49b7-8550-6671b1387d2f?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kelly M_222, Feb 19, 2020

2. MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Paint

Hi,

We understand that you want to change a specific file format to .jpg using Paint app. To perform that, just follow the simple steps:

• Open the image or the file to Paint app.
    • On Paint app, click File.
    • Select Save as and choose JPEG picture.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update

upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update

1. Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update - Similar Threads - Problem Paint cursor

2. Background layer in MS Paint since latest update is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background layer in MS Paint since latest update is blank: Since the latest update to MS Paint, cutting, deleting, or moving part of an image now leaves a blank space with a grey checkerboard pattern rather than the secondary/background colour. Is there a way to set it to the way it was before?...
  3. Background layer in MS Paint since latest update is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background layer in MS Paint since latest update is blank: Since the latest update to MS Paint, cutting, deleting, or moving part of an image now leaves a blank space with a grey checkerboard pattern rather than the secondary/background colour. Is there a way to set it to the way it was before?...
  4. I have connectivity problems since the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have connectivity problems since the latest update: Hello guys, I need your help! I've patched my Windows version today and since that, my internet is struggling in terms of connectivity. For example I can open and browse through Google without any problems, but when I click on a link which should redirect me to an external...
  5. Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode: Logon: instead of place to enter pin, have to tap on airplane, but no cursor; keeps changing from airplane mode to wifi, against my wishes; ditto English-switches to DVR?. Any suggestions? All of these are constant, time-consuming, irritating problems--especially when I've...
  6. Password problems since latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password problems since latest windows update: I am having multiple problems with all my applications, emails - Gmail - outlook, Sage, Browsers just everything I use, since the latest Windows update. All passwords and IDs have been lost, not only that but every time on start up the same thing and on Cloud drive it says...
  7. Bluetooth problems since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  8. Bluetooth problems since latest update

Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  9. Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists

Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists: Hello. Since the Fall Creator's update !703, the cursor has been acting very bad. First problems I noticed back in 1703 was that the cursor would hang or dissappear. Back then, rolling back was the only solution. Tried updating, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling computer,...
  10. problems with FSX since update to W10 latest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with FSX since update to W10 latest: My FSX Gold edition was workign fine but since the last Windows update it would not launch any more. Double click on the icon and nothing happens. I tried uninstalling but now it won't re-install any more. I get the screen asking if I want to repair or remove and nothing I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why has my move cursor in ms paint stopped working for small objects

2. ISSUES WITH CURSOR IN PAINT

3. paint cursor glitch