Windows 10: Problem with Passwords location

Discus and support Problem with Passwords location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought my Windows 10 HP laptop six months ago, and when a Technician was installing it, he showed me a page I could bring up on the laptop, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Barney M, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Barney M Win User

Problem with Passwords location

I bought my Windows 10 HP laptop six months ago, and when a Technician was installing it, he showed me a page I could bring up on the laptop, which showed all the sites I was using, along with the password for each site. He had transfered all the information from my old Windows 7 computer and now all the original sites I had been using were on the new HP laptop.

The list showed the sites on the left in a column and on the right each password. There must have been at least 30 sites, which I still use and have no difficulty getting into. However, I would like a print out of that list he showed me but don't know where it is on the laptop.

I have had advice from Microsoft, just this morning, saying I should go to Web Credentials and/or Windows Credentials and the list should be there. But when I do that, I only see three sites listed. So I am no further forward.

Anyone know about the list of Sites & Passwords I am talking about? I can't find it anywhere?

Barney M

:)

Barney M, Nov 25, 2019

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Problem with Passwords location

MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Problem with Passwords location

1. Problem with Passwords location - Similar Threads - Problem Passwords location

2. Location Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Problems: I've been struggling to understand why my location is not working. I'm currently using Windows 10 and for the last year, I have not been able to use my location for any applications, my location is on, but it is not detecting where I am at. If there's any solution or needed...
  3. Location Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location Problems: I've been struggling to understand why my location is not working. I'm currently using Windows 10 and for the last year, I have not been able to use my location for any applications, my location is on, but it is not detecting where I am at. If there's any solution or needed...
  4. Location Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 3.1 location of password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 3.1 location of password: Lost password for Windows 3.1. Back door password? Location of stored password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-31-location-of-password/09dd90f1-eb4b-4dce-ba06-0f40cea347a7
  6. Windows 3.1 location of password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 3.1 location of password: Lost password for Windows 3.1. Back door password? Location of stored password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-31-location-of-password/09dd90f1-eb4b-4dce-ba06-0f40cea347a7
  7. Problem with Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Location: Hello Microsoft and Community,I'm Nadir and I have a problem with the location setting in windows 10 which is I can't control it of turn on or off the settings and it says up with a yellow color: Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization but it is 100%...
  8. locating/ recovering network password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    locating/ recovering network password: how do i find my network password? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-recovering-network-password/028ebef5-fd76-42d5-913c-5c056886ac8b
  9. Location Tracking Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location Tracking Problem: I am trying to set up Hulu. It says it needs to track my location. I go into Settings, Privacy, Location and it states Location for this device is on. I click try again on Hulu and I get the it needs to track my location screen again. How can I get out of this loop?...
  10. Location of Edge saved passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Location of Edge saved passwords: Does anyone here know where the names and passwords are stored for saved credentials? I assume they're encoded or encrypted, but are they in a registry entry or a file somewhere? I understand how to manage them, just looking for the location *Smile Thanks in advance!...