Windows 10: Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge when I open a pdf file, the situation is as follow. Can anyone explain and help me to solve this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TuA. Bui, Nov 9, 2018.

1. TuA. Bui Win User

Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Recently, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge when I open a pdf file, the situation is as follow. Can anyone explain and help me to solve this matter? Thanks in advance

Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge 8cffa1fa-4ec3-4179-8d5c-4a3949ce78e3?upload=true.png

:)

TuA. Bui, Nov 9, 2018
  2. dtreida Win User

Viewing PDF files in Edge

Unable to view pdf files that open up in a Microsoft Edge tab. I clicked on a pdf link and when it open it gave me a message "For the best experience, open this PDF portfolio in Acrobat X or Adobe Reader X, or later." Does Edge not allow you to view PDF
    files within the browser? Do I really have to go to Google Chrome and just so I can utilize their Adobe Reader function?

dtreida, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Syed N Win User
    viewing pdf in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Microsoft Edge is only acts as a viewer for PDF files. You can install any program that is specific for viewing and editing PDF files.

Under Microsoft Edge, you may hold CTRL key on the keyboard and scroll up\down to increase\decrease size.

Let us know the status.

Syed N, Nov 9, 2018
  4. joeyoung2 Win User

PDF viewing in edge

Hi,

I have a query regarding viewing PDFs with hyperlinks in the Microsoft Edge web browser.

I have a PDF which is a price list, the front page has hyperlinks to the rest of the document to help customers find the price of the product they are looking for.

When the PDF is open in non-Microsoft Edge browsers, the hyperlinks will open with the product at the top of the page which is what I want.

With Microsoft Edge, when a PDF is clicked it opens the page the product is on but does not position the product at the top of the page.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

joeyoung2, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Problem pdf file

2. Microsoft Edge PDF, a recent problem, when converting from word or ppt the PDF file is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge PDF, a recent problem, when converting from word or ppt the PDF file is...: When I'm converting from Word or ppt to PDF the converted file has missing content : smartart and in a ppt. file the text. In other parts of the same PDF Smartart content appears fine. In image only the heading is appearing - there should be a smartart process flow. I had to...
  3. Microsoft Edge PDF, a recent problem, when converting from word or ppt the PDF file is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge PDF, a recent problem, when converting from word or ppt the PDF file is...: When I'm converting from Word or ppt to PDF the converted file has missing content : smartart and in a ppt. file the text. In other parts of the same PDF Smartart content appears fine. In image only the heading is appearing - there should be a smartart process flow. I had to...
  4. Microsoft Edge PDF, a recent problem, when converting from word or ppt the PDF file is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge Compatibility View Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Compatibility View Problem: We have some legacy software that is used on IE. The company that provides this have advised that around 9 web pages need to be added into Microsoft Edge compatibility view for it to work after the 9th Pay role software.I add these websites and the software works, however, as...
  6. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  7. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  8. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem: I need to save some webpages to pdf. I tried a Firefox extension Save as PDF, but that adds the company name to every page (fair enough - it's freeware). So I tried Microsoft Edge print to pdf function. Works OK, but for some reason, Edge adds a watermark of sorts 'Skip...
  10. Microsoft Edge PDF file problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge PDF file problems: Typical MS I typed this message in and MS decided I was not logged in - so I logged in and lost the message - had to type it all again! Warning to you all - make a copy of your message before you submit your message. Microsoft Edge (MSE) is MS new offering in Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. for best experience open this PDF portfolioin in Acrobat X coming up in MS Edge

2. pdf issues with microsoft edge

3. pdf viewing problem edge

4. edge pdf problem viewing