Windows 10: Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge when I open a pdf file, the situation is as follow. Can anyone explain and help me to solve this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TuA. Bui, Nov 9, 2018 at 9:17 AM.

1. TuA. Bui Win User

Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Recently, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge when I open a pdf file, the situation is as follow. Can anyone explain and help me to solve this matter? Thanks in advance

Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge 8cffa1fa-4ec3-4179-8d5c-4a3949ce78e3?upload=true.png

:)

2. dtreida Win User

Viewing PDF files in Edge

Unable to view pdf files that open up in a Microsoft Edge tab. I clicked on a pdf link and when it open it gave me a message "For the best experience, open this PDF portfolio in Acrobat X or Adobe Reader X, or later." Does Edge not allow you to view PDF
    files within the browser? Do I really have to go to Google Chrome and just so I can utilize their Adobe Reader function?

3. Syed N Win User
    viewing pdf in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Microsoft Edge is only acts as a viewer for PDF files. You can install any program that is specific for viewing and editing PDF files.

Under Microsoft Edge, you may hold CTRL key on the keyboard and scroll up\down to increase\decrease size.

Let us know the status.

4. joeyoung2 Win User

PDF viewing in edge

Hi,

I have a query regarding viewing PDFs with hyperlinks in the Microsoft Edge web browser.

I have a PDF which is a price list, the front page has hyperlinks to the rest of the document to help customers find the price of the product they are looking for.

When the PDF is open in non-Microsoft Edge browsers, the hyperlinks will open with the product at the top of the page which is what I want.

With Microsoft Edge, when a PDF is clicked it opens the page the product is on but does not position the product at the top of the page.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Thema:

1. Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Problem pdf file

2. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge): My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser. Can you suggest a pdf Reader? Thanks, cb 119456
  3. Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file: I recently bought Microsoft Surface Go. Every time I open a pdf file it opens with Microsoft Edge, although, I can use the pen and write on the document but what about if I want to type on the document? Is there an option? If not what can I do to make it accessible? Can I...
  4. copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge: I'm unable to copy and paste sections of a pdf file in microsoft edge but I'm unable to. Why is this so difficult? Everything was fine when I did this with the reader app. Please help....
  5. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge keep opening PDF files: Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img]
  6. Microsoft Edge PDF file problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge PDF file problems: Typical MS I typed this message in and MS decided I was not logged in - so I logged in and lost the message - had to type it all again! Warning to you all - make a copy of your message before you submit your message. Microsoft Edge (MSE) is MS new offering in Windows 10...
  7. Pdf file displayed incompletely by Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Pdf file displayed incompletely by Edge: When opening this link to a pdf-file in Edge, figure 1 is incomplete. When opening the same link in Chrome, it is complete. - Could someone verify on another computer that the figure is incomplete in Edge? - Is it a bug of Edge, or is the pdf-file corrupt? I am surprised...
  8. Empty PDF in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Empty PDF in Microsoft Edge: All of a sudden, when I open some (not all) PDFs they have blank contents in Edge. No viewer like Acrobat or PDFXChange installed. No viruses and SFC /scannow is all right. I don't think it's browser related but a more generic PDF format filter (?) corruption in my...
  9. Microsoft Print To PDF problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print To PDF problem: This problem showed up on its own, not just after installing anything nor any updates. And the problem is with the Microsoft Print to PDF AND the Microsoft Print to XPS. I can print to a network printer OK. I cannot print to the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer from any...
  10. Viewing pdf files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Viewing pdf files on Windows 10: Hi there, I have a mid-range Toshiba laptop approx 3 years old, originally running on Windows 8 but upgraded to 10 a few months back. Not necessarily coincidental with that upgrade, but recently I have experienced problems with viewing pdf files. Whether these are email...