Windows 10: Problem with Phishing Email

Discus and support Problem with Phishing Email in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting emails saying "Note to self" with my Hotmail profile that are phishing. I am reporting them but obviously cannot block them. What has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnnaNwenwu, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Problem with Phishing Email

I keep getting emails saying "Note to self" with my Hotmail profile that are phishing. I am reporting them but obviously cannot block them. What has happened

[Original Title: Phishing]

:)

AnnaNwenwu, Apr 17, 2020

2. phishing email

While there are legitimate emails from the Microsoft account team,
    email phishing scams using the Microsoft name
    are very common so you have to be very careful. A
    legitimate email address domain from Microsoft is @accountprotection.microsoft.com.

This is an example of an older scam:
    Ask Leo: Is Windows Live Hotmail about to close my account?

quietman7 - MVP, May 23, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, May 23, 2020
  4. Problem with Phishing Email

phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Phishing Email

1. Problem with Phishing Email - Similar Threads - Problem Phishing Email

2. Phishing email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phishing email: I got an email in my Yahoo mail, it says it is from Microsoft Teams, it looks legitimate but there is one error that makes me think it is not. I cannot find an address to send it to Microsoft. Everything I find is related to Outlook email, I don’t use Outlook email. So what...
  3. Phishing email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phishing email: I got an email in my Yahoo mail, it says it is from Microsoft Teams, it looks legitimate but there is one error that makes me think it is not. I cannot find an address to send it to Microsoft. Everything I find is related to Outlook email, I don’t use Outlook email. So what...
  4. Phishing email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. phishing emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phishing emails: I've been getting lots of emails that appear to be from Microsoft. I checked the email source info. I'm no expert but they appear to be valid. However, what the emails report or are asking are suspect. The emails will either tell me that I've changed my P/W, logged in, or...
  6. phishing emails

phishing emails: I've been getting lots of emails that appear to be from Microsoft. I checked the email source info. I'm no expert but they appear to be valid. However, what the emails report or are asking are suspect. The emails will either tell me that I've changed my P/W, logged in, or...
  7. phishing emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Check if it is a Phishing Email?

Check if it is a Phishing Email?: I received a suspicious email claiming to be from Microsoft, can I forward it so it can be investigated? [Original Title: Phishing] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/check-if-it-is-a-phishing-email/f6992c69-8058-4790-bc5b-140977070d19
  9. Is this a phishing email?

Is this a phishing email?: I received a email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** looking official telling me I have to update my account. Sure looks phishing[Original Title: email message]...
  10. reporting phishing emails

reporting phishing emails: Hi Guys and Gals, Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail Quite often I try to pass on phishing or dodgy emails to; anti phishing.org, NFIB (London Police anti fraud), or any number of banking organisations etc that an email might purport to be...