Windows 10: Problem with photo icon

Discus and support Problem with photo icon in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] good morning, since I updated to version 1909 I have a problem with the icon of the photos, this icon is blank, I attached an image for you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osnielta, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Problem with photo icon

/u/osnielta, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 21, 2019
  3. store and photos app isnt showing proper icons

Hello Aditya,

As you are facing issues with accessing Photos app on your device with icons not displayed properly, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any update for Photos app from Windows Store. If found, try to update the app and check if it helps.

Open Windows Store, search for Photos app, check if you are able to find Update option.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Problem with photo icon

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Problem with photo icon :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Problem with photo icon

1. Problem with photo icon - Similar Threads - Problem photo icon

2. Photo Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Icons: I upgraded to 11 and now can't see my "photos" in my files, just icons. I followed all the video's online and adjusted and made sure view buttons were changed but to no avail. I repaired iCloud in case that was a problem. I cleaned my system, checked for all updates and still...
  3. Photo Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Icons: I upgraded to 11 and now can't see my "photos" in my files, just icons. I followed all the video's online and adjusted and made sure view buttons were changed but to no avail. I repaired iCloud in case that was a problem. I cleaned my system, checked for all updates and still...
  4. Photos Icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Icon not showing: Hey guys, what's up!This time, I'm in a great trouble. My MS Photos icon isn't showingNow what to do?Please send the answers ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-icon-not-showing/27d8ea60-9410-455f-85b5-8088cbf5f522
  5. Photo Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Icons: When I bought my computer I loaded my pictures and had no problems seeing the icons. I do not know what changed, but now I can only see thumbnails. I have tried everything I have found on this problem and there is no change in this problem. What can I do to be able to see...
  6. photos displayed as photos not as Mspaint icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos displayed as photos not as Mspaint icons: Whatever view setting I select (Extra Large Icons, Tiles, ...) the Windows Explorer is showing every single picture (JNGP, PNG, ..) as icons, like icons for MSPaint, or Windows Foto I've changed the "open with" application, but it just switches to the icon of the...
  7. Blank photo icons

Blank photo icons: My photo icons on file explorer were displayed as the actual photo. Now they appear the same for about 2 seconds, then change to a blank box. I tried checking with default settings for photos and I can change the appearance to any of the icon defaults, but none of them are...
  8. Photo Icons

Photo Icons: Hello, I cannot see the photos on my computer, the photo come up as a blank and no photos appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-icons/ba90a07a-af1e-40d9-af1c-2eb2853a77d0"
  9. Missing photo icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing photo icons: Desktop icons no longer have pictures, just generic symbols. How can they be restored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-photo-icons/52f18034-b83b-4b90-9901-1b05afcaa89e
  10. icons no photos

in Windows 10 Support
    icons no photos: *cry Help please , all my photos have turned into icons i must have pressed a wrong button somewhere , i do need them back Thank you 97875