Windows 10: Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.

Discus and support Problem with pinning and unpinning to start. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey. When I try to pin something to the start using the right click on application/folder nothing happens. It looks like it should be pinned in to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erven, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Erven Win User

Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.

Hey.
    When I try to pin something to the start using the right click on application/folder nothing happens. It looks like it should be pinned in to the start, but nothing changes in there. The things appear in the start after the restart of OS.
    The same problem is with the pinned apps. When I press right mouse button on something in the start menu than unpin it doesn't disappear. But when I press it again it says "Pin to Start" like it's not pinned, but it is :O
    Its kinda weird. I checked on my brother, and friends PCs and its working flawless.

:)

Erven, Jul 30, 2015
  2. RounakRoy Win User

Start Menu Bug

I have a weird Bug on windows 10 home x64, whenever i pin a program to start it doesn't appear instantly and when i unpin it doesn't unpin and if i restart or logout then it pins/unpins and if I change to fullscreen start menu it doesn't change immediately.
    Here is a video of my problem.

RounakRoy, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How do I pin & unpin apps on start screen?

If you want to pin installed apps, tap and hold an app in the app list. Then choose to pin it to the start screen.

If you want to unpin an app, just long press the tile and you will see a unpin symbol (pin with a slash through it). Click that and it is unpinned.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Erven Win User

It got fixed after uninstalling the Kaspersky Internet Security v16. We will have to wait for an update to use Kaspersky on windows 10 *Sad

Erven, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem with pinning and unpinning to start. - Similar Threads - Problem pinning unpinning

2. unpin start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unpin start menu: i tried to reinstall my browser (firefox) so i uninstalled it but i can't unpin the shortcut i have in my start menu what's the solution? https://i.postimg.cc/5jc0DFvM/2.png forgot to add that when i click on it, nothing happens submitted by /u/djindjer [link]...
  3. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.: Windows 10 Start Menu is Locked. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu. I have also tried this command in Powershell - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} But my...
  4. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  5. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  6. Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction.: Windows 10 Pro 64bit - ver 1703 Hi, I have problem with start menu, setting and layout can not be changed (I could change them, but the setting won't effect and layout will be reset everytime) At first, the problem didn't present until I try to pin some *.exe files and...
  7. Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!: just done a fresh install of windows and i literately cant do anything that relates to pinning or tweaking the start menu. i was reading that there is a way to fix this via tiledatalayer ??? and followed some examples however there was no tiledatalayer folder present in...
  8. 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10 [img] Information You can pin to Start any apps, contacts (People app), folders, drives, homegroup, library, network, and OneDrive so you can open them quickly, and see updates on live tiles for modern apps...
  9. Pinning/Unpinning Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps: On the Start Screen UI you can hold Ctrl + left click to select numerous items to pin or unpin at once but, it seems that's not possible on the Start Menu UI. Anyone else experience this? 3184
  10. Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar: I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? 21007