Windows 10: Problem with Playing Video

Discus and support Problem with Playing Video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there.. I've installed the latest version of Windows 10 as I tried to play a video file but there's no video player!! Ok I downloaded Movies & TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nezar Kallas, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Problem with Playing Video

Hi there.. I've installed the latest version of Windows 10 as I tried to play a video file but there's no video player!! Ok I downloaded Movies & TV App and tried again but! it says the following :

Problem with Playing Video 4e94302b-1817-42cd-8092-7b612347e374?upload=true.jpg

I am wondering why?? it's just a video player, is that a hard thing to add the full application in Windows or in Microsoft Store at least?!! everything can be easier but you always wasting our time!

[Original Title: Enough]

:)

Nezar Kallas, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Problem with Playing Video

video playing problem

Hi Gagan,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

How do you access YouTube? Is it though Internet Explorer/EDGE browser/App/any other source?

I suggest you to run the Video playback troubleshooter
    on Windows 10. Follow the below steps to run Video playback troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Video playback

• Click on Advanced on the
      Video playback
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Video playback troubleshooter.

Reference:

I suggest you to follow the below link on how to troubleshoot if the videos are not playing in Internet Explorer. (If you access YouTube through Internet Explorer browser)

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

I suggest you to clear the browsing history in EDGE browser through below link and check if it helps. (If you access YouTube through EDGE browser)

Microsoft EDGE.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Problem with Playing Video

1. Problem with Playing Video - Similar Threads - Problem Playing Video

2. Having problem with playing videos full screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having problem with playing videos full screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/razorx274 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i30gtv/having_problem_with_playing_videos_full_screen/
  3. video Playing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video Playing problem: when i play any Video of any format the Player Keeps pausing and start playing again and it happens again and again it barely play video for a minute and keeps on pausing and playing and that same problem i have face on you tube...
  4. problem with playing videos in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with playing videos in windows 10: when I open a video file in films&tv's app, the video is playing only if the cursor is on or when I zoom out, else screen becomes black but I can hear the audio and sometimes I face video lag also. This prob is not only with movies&tv's app, I tried to play the video in mx...
  5. Problem playing video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem playing video: Today I started experiencing troubles when I try to play any video with another player than Windows Default, it just freezes for exactly 15 seconds and then plays normally, I uninstalled the players and tried MPC HC, BC, and VLC several times and same thing happens in all of...
  6. Problem when playing any video

Problem when playing any video: Problem when playing any video in most programs in Windows 10 :Normal position [ATTACH] this is the problem: [ATTACH] But when I played the video with an old version of the same program for old years it works without problems...
  7. Problem with display when playing video games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with display when playing video games.: Hello, I have a gaming laptop and I have an annoying problem with the display for some time. Whenever my laptop is plugged in charger and running any game assassin's creed for example my screen goes dim. However when it's not plugged in, the brightness of my screen stays...
  8. Playing a Video Problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Playing a Video Problem on Windows 10: Hello, I am trying to play an important video and I keep getting the following three line error message. Missing codec This item was encoded in a format that's not supported. 0xc00d5212 This video plays just fine on my Android phone, but not on my desktop computer...
  9. Problem playing mjpeg video content

Problem playing mjpeg video content: I have some avi files in mjpeg format. Unable to play them with Windows Media Player. I believe the Softpeg v2.2 codec is recommended for these files. Are there not native Windows 10 codecs to play mjpeg format files? Please let me know. Thanks...
  10. Video play problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video play problem: To begin, I am not very tech literate so bear with me. For the past 2 weeks, each video posted to Facebook has suddenly changed resolution. The ALL seem to be OVER ENLARGED which makes them impossible to view. I have tried changing the resolution to no avail. Have also...