Windows 10: Problem with power plans

Discus and support Problem with power plans in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I plug in my computer on battery, it always set to default using "Power4Gear High Performance". Since I don't want to use it, I deleted it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mrtkalong, Aug 20, 2015.

1. mrtkalong Win User

Problem with power plans

When I plug in my computer on battery, it always set to default using "Power4Gear High Performance". Since I don't want to use it, I deleted it and chose "High performance" instead. But later on, when I plug in my computer on battery again, the "Power4Gear High Performance" plan appeared again! Is there any method to delete the plan permanently and set "High performance" as my default power plan? Thanks.

:)

mrtkalong, Aug 20, 2015
  2. gtrakakis Win User

Problem with power plans after upgrade from 7 to 10.

Thank you for your reply.

My laptop is Sony Vaio VPCF23S1E.

I have installed all Windows 10 and Vaio updates.

Also, Power troubleshooter didn't find any problems.

But my problem still remains.

I think that the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 didn't worked well. sfc /scannow report says that my system has some corrupted files that windows cannot repair.

I think I will finally re-install windows 10. I just cannot understand why the upgrade caused the problems.

gtrakakis, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Problem with power plans after upgrade from 7 to 10.

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

The issue could be related to Display drivers then please try the steps provided to uninstall the
    Display Adapter from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished

Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Problem with power plans

1. Problem with power plans - Similar Threads - Problem power plans

2. Power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plans: I tried all different solutions but nothing worked.I downloaded the pow files and nothing worked.I tried these codes:powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635cpowercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61powercfg -duplicatescheme...
  3. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Plans: I updated my laptop to windows 10 2004 version and all my powerplans are missing. Please help submitted by /u/Caratecat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idb06t/power_plans/
  4. power plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power plan: pls. help to set my window power plan to high performance level, since computer is running slow and always got jammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/350c8da4-a351-430a-bd97-62c8ee82c948
  5. Power Plans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Plans: I've noticed that my fan is constantly running on high lately even when I have no apps or programs open. I went into the battery setting in order to change my power plan and there is only balanced. What's going on and is there another way to fix this issue?...
  6. Power Plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan: My power plan only has the balanced one and I can't figure out how to get the high performance one. I went into create a power plan but it wasn't there also. Any way I can get the high performance plan?...
  7. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Plans: Why are the power plans gone? It's very valuable to me, to set my power plans by click on the little battery icon, in the lower right of what I think is the "Taskbar". I set it to high performance to play games when it's plugged in, and economy mode for longer battery life,...
  8. Power Plans

Power Plans: I recently did a Fresh Start on my HP laptop as I was having issues with Windows Defender and my computer was running slow despite my best efforts to fix it. The install solved the problems I was having with Windows Defender and speed but I have been having issues with the...
  9. Power Plan

Power Plan: Why isn't my power plan available? I attemted to increase the time before the PC sleeps, but it seems to default to 10 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/f2cab0f8-1715-4975-bc19-bfe1a3b62db5
  10. Problem with power plans not showing at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with power plans not showing at all: Hi. Had a bad computer day and did a windows 10 reset. After the reset and some updates, when I go to control panel/system and security/power options, I see this: [img] It does not show the balanced/recommended plan I'm on and should normally show. If I click on...