Windows 10: Problem with printer after the latest update

Discus and support Problem with printer after the latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The last Windows 10 update (1903) resulted in my printer stopped working and I cannot manage it via Printers anymore . The Manage button comes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TanjaMatilainen, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Problem with printer after the latest update

The last Windows 10 update (1903) resulted in my printer stopped working and I cannot manage it via Printers anymore . The Manage button comes to nothing. Is it an update bug?

:)

TanjaMatilainen, Dec 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Printer Problem

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below suggestion provided and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below information provided.

Method 2.

In certain cases installing updated driver won’t work, so I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the manufacturer website in compatibility mode. Follow the steps:

Step 1.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues and uninstall the
      drive
      r.
    Step 2.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Problem with printer after the latest update

printer problem

Printer driver issue. Possibly caused by, but not limited to:

• Corrupted drivers
    • Driver missing an update
    • Incompatible drivers

Is this the first time you are going to use that printer?

Suggestion:

• Uninstall the drivers from your computer completely.
    • Download the latest drivers of your printer from the manufacturer website.
    • Install the latest drivers.
    NOTE: Make sure that the printer drivers will support Windows 10.

Master_Thovy, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Problem with printer after the latest update

1. Problem with printer after the latest update - Similar Threads - Problem printer latest

2. Problem After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem After Latest Update: After the latest Windows 10 update, I cannot now open/load LDPlayer Android emulator. I've tried other Android emulators and they all fail. Windows restarts after showing a WHEA stopcode. Can you help or is the problem known and being fixed? Thanks...
  3. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  4. Problem after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after latest update: Hello, I get a weird problem after the latest update: the taskbar keeps flashing and the desktop icons never load. I can't open the start menu or do anything other than Ctrl-Alt-Del. I tried using a recovery point, uninstalling qualtiy updates feature updates can't be...
  5. Problems after latest updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after latest updates: After updating to the newest version of Windows, the pop up screens are transparent rather than being greyed out. This happens with the screen that displays the apps and power options when the windows icon is clicked to display my apps, or to select setting, power, etc. It is...
  6. Problems after the latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after the latest Update: I've been having a bunch of problems happening since the last Update: Starting with stutters when playing or just using an app like chrome, watching videos etc. the entire pc in random moments for like 3 seconds, everything looks like i have 3Fps, what makes it very...
  7. Printer Problem after UPdate

Printer Problem after UPdate: The last two times there has been a Windows Update they have caused a breakdown in communication between computer Lenovo G50 and printer Brother DCP195C. When I use a restore point the communication is re-established. I'm due an update today 27/07/2020!!!...
  8. problem after latest Windows update.

problem after latest Windows update.: I installed the latest Windows Update today 20th March 2020. It messed up my YouTube, in that it took the videos anything from several seconds to over a minute to start. When they did, there was no sound. I followed the "Restart your computer" advice four yes, FOUR times, to...
  9. Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.

Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.: I have been using a HP LaserJet 3050 for more than 10 years. Worked fine until about 2 weeks ago after an update was pushed out to me. I have tried everything to get this printer back up and working and finally got it to print this morning. Problem is it didn't print what I...
  10. Problems with Edge after latest update?

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Edge after latest update?: Updated to the latest 10 update last night and Edge is almost unuseable. Takes about 5-10 minutes for the computer (esp Edge) to unfreeze and start playing nice. Anyone else having this issue? 31513