Windows 10: Problem with printer, can't get it to print.

Discus and support Problem with printer, can't get it to print. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I already typed my question. How to change, .Save as PDF, instead of print after print preview. I have tried for two days to correct this. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patriciasciacca1, May 3, 2019.

1. Problem with printer, can't get it to print.

I already typed my question. How to change, .Save as PDF, instead of print after print preview. I have tried for two days to correct this. I uninstalled my printer, then reinstalled it again., didn't help.

What is wrong. How to fix this? Please reply ASAP. I need to print out my Checking acct. Statement. Thank you in advance

:)

patriciasciacca1, May 3, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, May 3, 2019
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 3, 2019
  4. Problem with printer, can't get it to print.

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Problem with printer, can't get it to print.

1. Problem with printer, can't get it to print. - Similar Threads - Problem printer can't

2. Can't print, HP says printer is not the problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print, HP says printer is not the problem.: So I've been troubleshooting for 4 days now, and I cannot get our office printer to communicate with my computer. I can ping it, I can web onto it, but if I try to add it via IP it says it can't be found on the network. I'll use the HP Smart App, and it recognizes it, but...
  3. word can't print due to problem with printer setup

word can't print due to problem with printer setup: Hi, I am receiving numerous different messages when I try to print. Not just the one in the subject line. I also get "the specified driver is invalid", ""error code 45", "error 0x000007di". This all seems to have started after a windows update. I have gone as far as getting...
  4. Can't Print to printer

Can't Print to printer: All of a sudden I can no longer print to my printer from my laptops Two of them. I had no problem about a week or so ago. My daughter can plug in with her MAC PC and can print fine. I've removed the printer and reinstalled it, turned everything off/re-booted it printer,...
  5. can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print

can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print: Can't get Lexmark MS 317dn printer to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-lexmark-printer-ms317dn-to-print/0a774bc2-26d4-4870-a884-4ab84d1662b3
  6. Can't print on any printer

Can't print on any printer: I have a Windows 10 machine (Dell optiplex 9010) Windows 10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.535 I am trying to print over USB to - Xerox Phaser 6500N - HP Laserjet M15a Windows will accept a print job and the printer does nothing. For the Xerox, it sits in the queue....
  7. "Word can't print due to a problem with the printer setup"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Word can't print due to a problem with the printer setup": All drivers are updated I've cleared the spooler. I have tried everything and everything says the printer is fine. It prints from other computers but once I updated my windows 10 I was unable to print and keep receiving the above message. Please help!...
  8. printer can't print

printer can't print: Hi admin, here I have a problem with my printer, In my office, there are connectors that use cables and wifi. the problem I often have is that printers don't print to wifi, sometimes it's even cables, sometimes it can print, I'm dizzy and tired, can the admin group help me...
  9. printer can't print

printer can't print: i can print from my iphone but not from my laptop. It worked before but suddenly problems occurred. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-cant-print/d1e44579-9607-4866-9f91-8a82c545dc4c
  10. can't get my printer to print in color

can't get my printer to print in color: just put in a new color cartridge, low on black ink but pages are still coming out in black and white. own a hp printer w/Dell (windows 10) have looked at printing preferences and don't see a color option. please help thank you much...