Windows 10: Problem with printer printing from window

Discus and support Problem with printer printing from window in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; AT&T upgraded my computer and now I can not print from my computer. The printer shows it is connected to the internet, but will not print. I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WandaPotts2, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Problem with printer printing from window

AT&T upgraded my computer and now I can not print from my computer. The printer shows it is connected to the internet, but will not print. I did not have a problem with this until the upgrade.

:)

WandaPotts2, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Problem with printer printing from window

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Problem with printer printing from window

1. Problem with printer printing from window - Similar Threads - Problem printer printing

2. Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...: I have a Windows 11 Desktop. It is connected via Wi-Fi. When I try to print Google Docs document from the Google Chrome Browser to a network HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, the print job goes to the spooler, but never prints. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, but no...
  3. Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...: I have a Windows 11 Desktop. It is connected via Wi-Fi. When I try to print Google Docs document from the Google Chrome Browser to a network HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, the print job goes to the spooler, but never prints. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, but no...
  4. remove printer from print dialog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove printer from print dialog: When I try to print a document I see this:However I no longer have that printer. But I cant remove it from the print dialog as it is not showing in my list of devices in settings OR control panelHowever in regedit I see this; so my question is why is it not showing in...
  5. printer won't print from computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer won't print from computer: What do I do with Device SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-5d9595d2-7c67-4b30-9d46-1988da14e24f REQUIRES FURTHER INSTALLATION on my Brother MFC-495CW printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print-from-computer/a985b203-a755-4b20-a246-679cbb5be597
  6. Printing from laptop to desktop printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing from laptop to desktop printer: How do I configure my desktop and my laptop so that I can print from my laptop to the printer connected to the desktop PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-from-laptop-to-desktop-printer/3b8e4bb0-b61b-4cd1-8e08-33f8814a24d1
  7. my printer is not printing from the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my printer is not printing from the computer: Hi my printer can print copies but will not print directly from my computer? Tried all of the suggestions you had listed but it still is not printing unless I want a copy? HELP! Theresa Gelchie...
  8. Problem with printer, can't get it to print.

Problem with printer, can't get it to print.: I already typed my question. How to change, .Save as PDF, instead of print after print preview. I have tried for two days to correct this. I uninstalled my printer, then reinstalled it again., didn't help. What is wrong. How to fix this? Please reply ASAP. I need to...
  9. In Windows 10 - Printer problem - Items sent to print are not printing.

In Windows 10 - Printer problem - Items sent to print are not printing.: In Windows 10 - Printer problem - Items sent to print are not printing. Here is my search....
  10. In Windows 10 - Printer problem - Items sent to print are not printing.

In Windows 10 - Printer problem - Items sent to print are not printing.: In Windows 10 - Printer problem - Items sent to print are not printing. Search list of hotels I might want to stay at is not printing. Has something changed in Windows 10?...