Windows 10: Problem with profile in X Rite Data Colour Spyder 5 Pro

Discus and support Problem with profile in X Rite Data Colour Spyder 5 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I calibrated the monitor using X Rite Data Colour Spyder 5 pro. However the profile cannot be seen, and I can’t say if it is loaded or not. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brandon Johnsons, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Problem with profile in X Rite Data Colour Spyder 5 Pro

I calibrated the monitor using X Rite Data Colour Spyder 5 pro. However the profile cannot be seen, and I can’t say if it is loaded or not. How can I find out whether it is loaded or not.

:)

Brandon Johnsons, Feb 12, 2019

2. X Rite data colour spyder 5 pro profile cannot be seen ,where can i see if it is loaded

After I have calibrated my monitor using an X Rite Data colour spyder 5 pro I cant tel if is loaded or not

I have re installed it because my Adobe Interface was not showing true backs and Grays only dark brown/green colours.

keith[][][], Feb 12, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    X Rite data colour spyder 5 pro profile cannot be seen ,where can i see if it is loaded

Hi Keith,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When you create an ICC profile for display, the software you are using tells you where it will save the profile.

You can select a particular profile by navigating to:

Settings->System->Display->Advanced display settings->Display Adapter properties for Display N->Color Management->Use my settings for this device->Add.

(Replace N with the numeric value (number) assigned to the display you are calibrating).

Select the profile under ICC profiles.

If multiple ICC profiles are listed you will have to set the desired profile as default by clicking
    Set as Default Profile, too.

If you do not see the profile listed there, you can click on Browse and navigate to the location where the profile is saved.

Select the profile and follow the onscreen prompts to set it as the default profile.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Mansen Win User

Problem with profile in X Rite Data Colour Spyder 5 Pro

Post CU Update - Colour profiles won't "stick", gotta reapply on boot.

Ever since I went ahead and installed the Creator's Update, colour profiles have been acting a tad wonky. I use a Spyder 5 Elite to calibrate new monitors and the finished profile gets stored and loaded by Windows colour profile manager.

This normally works just fine, but ever since the CU things have been acting ... oddly. I have a profile loaded that Windows seems to ignore (which causes some rather intense overbleed of brightness and contrast) on boot/login. If I launch certain apps/games, it seems to refresh and load up the profile as it should on boot. (Like if I load up the Spyder software and tell it to swap between the profiles for comparison)

Has anyone using colour profiles noticed this, and might there be a workaround aside from bugreporting at MS and praying they care? *Rolleyes

Mansen, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Problem with profile in X Rite Data Colour Spyder 5 Pro

1. Problem with profile in X Rite Data Colour Spyder 5 Pro - Similar Threads - Problem profile Rite

2. Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems: I received notice in windows update that my Surface Pro X was ready to be updated from version 1909 to 2004. The download was successful but when the installation was at 25%, I got a screen saying there was a problem and I would be notified when I could update. The next day...
  3. Colour profiles not loading at restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colour profiles not loading at restart: Every time I restart my computer, the colour settings reset, making me having to apply thecthe profile in colour management every tike I restart my pc. Anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  4. Outlook data and profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook data and profile: My Windows user profile got corrupted and a guy from the Windows help desk copied all my data to a new user profile yesterday. I have not yet deleted the old profile, as I see that the new one is smaller and has fewer files and folders and have not quite yet worked out why....
  5. Huawei Matebook X Pro App Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Huawei Matebook X Pro App Problem: Hello all, I recently purchased a used Huawei Matebook X Pro. Upon turning it on for the first time, I found that nearly all of the applications (such as camera, calendar, mail, etc.) close a few seconds after opening. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!...
  6. Windows colour profile problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows colour profile problems: I have 2 Win10 Pcs, both with the same model of Dell monitor. One is calibrated with the LUT in the monitor, and one with an ICC profile (defunct USB hub, so no access to the LUT) . Both PCs have the same wallpaper picture, one of mine. The wallpaper looked the same as the...
  7. X Rite data colour spyder 5 pro profile cannot be seen ,where can i see if it is loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X Rite data colour spyder 5 pro profile cannot be seen ,where can i see if it is loaded: After I have calibrated my monitor using an X Rite Data colour spyder 5 pro I cant tel if is loaded or not I have re installed it because my Adobe Interface was not showing true backs and Grays only dark brown/green colours....
  8. unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard.: I am working with a few different colour profiles for various ambient light conditions. I made them with calibrating software and the are listed in the display settings. When I change to another profile, all is fine. A next change (whether that is a changing to another or...
  9. rite click the "New"command is not appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rite click the "New"command is not appeared: When I rite click to create a new file folder usually there is "New" command where some commands drop down and I choose the file command to create a new folder. The feature not available in my computer when I rite click. Kindly advise...
  10. ICC colour profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ICC colour profiles: I want to remove a yellowish tint from my laptop screen - LG Display LP173WF4-SPF5 I have added a few ICC profiles but the colours look exactly the same, is this possible with laptop screens or is it just for monitors?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i1 profiler not working on windows 10 1909

2. how do i know if x rite colour profile is installed into windows 10