Windows 10: Problem with quick access

Discus and support Problem with quick access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I replaced the system disk with another (clone it). Everything is ok but in quick access there are still connections to the old disk that has now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hispanico, Oct 5, 2018.

1. hispanico Win User

Problem with quick access

I replaced the system disk with another (clone it). Everything is ok but in quick access there are still connections to the old disk that has now become E, Even if I try to delete them and add the new ones, the wrong connections reappear on every reboot

Thank
    Hispa

:)

hispanico, Oct 5, 2018

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 5, 2018
  3. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Problem with quick access

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with quick access

1. Problem with quick access - Similar Threads - Problem quick access

2. Quick Access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access problem: I have been searching for a solution to my issue with no success.I have already tried:Clearing the Recent App Data in two folders AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestinationsReset Windows 10 Quick Access using Registry Deleted QatItemsClear Quick Access folders using Command...
  3. Quick access menu problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick access menu problem: Hi, I am trying to remove folders from my quick access (they are not pinned) and whenever I remove one, another appears and it's a never-ending cycle of new files coming in and out. I've tried disabling the "show frequently used folders in quick access" option in my view...
  4. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  5. Quick Access Work Flow problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Work Flow problems: [img] It just seams to put them in there in a random place. Quick access speeds my workflow and keeps me from spending hours digging and pocking around to place things. IN windows 7 it places a new quick access on the bottom but here windows 10 refuses to let me do this....
  6. Having problems with folders in quick access

Having problems with folders in quick access: Whenever I right-click on a folder in the quick access pane, all open folders close right after the machine lags a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problems-with-folders-in-quick-access/a0d55143-cecd-4830-8070-3847ee992080"
  7. Problem with Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Quick access: Hi all,,,I don't know what has happened but I redirected from Quick Access Documents, Pictures music, to my D drive and when I look at the properties of those in quick access they point to D drive which is ok, but downloads is there and there is nothing in it and it points to...
  8. Quick access problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access problem: I have a windows 10 pro system. I have a DNS-323 NAS mounted as U: On the NAS I have a main folder "My Videos". Under this folder I have a temp and save folder. I have the U:\My Videos pinned to the quick access. When I use windows explorer to move a file from the main folder...
  9. quick access problem

in Windows 10 Support
    quick access problem: Quick access has a problem where if you a have a folder pinned in the quick access list. You click on that folder name Which takes you to that folder. You now move a file in that folder to a sub folder. After the move the quick access folder name changes to the sub folder...
  10. Problems trying to search in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems trying to search in Quick Access: Last machine was Windows 7, where I could search all of Favorites for words that I knew were in the file I wanted. Or I'd search on name:[string], where [string] is part of the filename. Worked great. I can't get a search in Quick Access to find anything, unless I first...