Windows 10: problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more...

Discus and support problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; help pls quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrxbox98, Aug 6, 2019.

1. mrxbox98 Win User

problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more...

help pls quick

:)

mrxbox98, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Random applications opening when pressing any key on the keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that pressing keys in the keyboard opens random application, we will look into this for you. Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard?

In the meantime, you can try the methods mentioned below:

Disable Sticky and Filter keys:

You can also try to disable the Sticky keys and Filter keys and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
      . This will open Control Panel.
    3. Click on View by and select
      Large icons
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center.
    5. Click on Make the keyboard easier to use.
    6. Uncheck the checkbox for Turn on Sticky Keys and Turn on Filter Keys.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

Disable WindowsInkWorkspace:

To disable WindowsInkWorkspace, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace
    4. If you don’t find WindowsInkWorkspace key then, right click on
      Microsoft key, click on New and click Key.
    5. Rename the new key as WindowsInkWorkspace.
    6. On the right hand pane, right click select
      New
      , and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    7. Rename the key as AllowWindowsInkWorkspace.
    8. Double click on the value and set the value as
    9. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use an external keyboard and check if you are facing the same issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 6, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 SETUP ERROR PLS I NEED HELP

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I would like to inform that the option to skip to enter the product key screen is available only when a Clean Installation is performed.

I suggest you to activate the product key by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 6, 2019
  4. problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more...

windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more...

1. problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more... - Similar Threads - problem random control

2. Whenever I press one key it types in a random key please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I press one key it types in a random key please help: Whenever I press any key on my keyboard it types something random like when I try to delete a word it places a new word I think it’s a virus and when I restart it it says someone is in my pc PLEASE HELP...
  3. backlight problem pls help

in Windows 10 Customization
    backlight problem pls help: how can i turn on my lights on the laptop it doesnt work fn+f3/f4 can someone help me woth that? i have a asus rog strix laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-problem-pls-help/c8777b01-0b14-4df0-94cb-e1d2bef5700e
  4. Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys: i recently bought a new keyboard but now it is makin-g a - signevery time i press these keys zxcvbnm,.- what do i do there has been- -no water damage or anything else since i got it is it hardware or software issue please help :...
  5. Pls help "problem with XMRig"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pls help "problem with XMRig": I don't even know what a XMRig is. It opens automatically every time I start computer and if I close it, it reopens. When I open task manager it disappears. It is not in startup programs and I can't find it using search. My ram is only 4GB and as soon as this program started...
  6. Pls Help / Mic Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pls Help / Mic Problems: i have a laptop Acer Aspire ES1-523 , windows 10. i has only one jack so im using a jack splitter and i inserted the external microphone and the external headphones. The problem is that my laptop picks up the audio coming out of the headphones ( the "listen to this device" is...
  7. Enter key is automatically getting pressed. This is killing me. Pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enter key is automatically getting pressed. This is killing me. Pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sarangan19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixgm01/enter_key_is_automatically_getting_pressed_this/
  8. Cant boot into Windows pls help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant boot into Windows pls help: so this morning my pc worked fine and all and needed to go away so i put it in standby mode when i came back later that they it woudnt wake up so i rebooted. now at this point it said it coudnt find a windows hard drive. but if i looked at my boot options my hard drive was...
  9. Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed: I have everything turned off in ease of access so sticky keys are off. This is also a sowftware issue and not a hardware one as on the on screen keyboard they downt display as pressed....
  10. ADMINISTRATOR PROBLEM pls help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ADMINISTRATOR PROBLEM pls help: The first email address i used for my microsoft account is no longer accessible so i wanted to change it to my current email add. So i made a new account on my PC (WIN 10), and transferred the admin rights to the new account. But apparently after i did, i accidentally deleted...