Windows 10: Problem with re-activating windows 10 after significant hardware changes

Discus and support Problem with re-activating windows 10 after significant hardware changes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I made some hardware changes a while ago and my Windows 10 was deactivated. It came with my PC when I bought it and nothing I've done has been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ViaV, Aug 29, 2021.

1. ViaV Win User

Problem with re-activating windows 10 after significant hardware changes

I made some hardware changes a while ago and my Windows 10 was deactivated. It came with my PC when I bought it and nothing I've done has been able to re-active it, including the troubleshoot. It shows me the last digits of the key but I don't have the rest of it.

:)

2. Smitty3PM Win User

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Aug 29, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 29, 2021
  4. Problem with re-activating windows 10 after significant hardware changes

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

Why can't I activate Windows?

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

Problem with re-activating windows 10 after significant hardware changes

1. Problem with re-activating windows 10 after significant hardware changes - Similar Threads - Problem activating significant

2. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation after significant hardware change: I recently bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro and had it working on my desktop. I only used it for a few weeks and my computer had a system failure with the blue screen. After troubleshooting and trying repair/reinstall Windows to no prevail I decided it was time for an upgrade....
  3. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after significant hardware change: I recently bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro and had it working on my desktop. I only used it for a few weeks and my computer had a system failure with the blue screen. After troubleshooting and trying repair/reinstall Windows to no prevail I decided it was time for an upgrade....
  4. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Re activating windows 10 after hardware change

Re activating windows 10 after hardware change: So I recently purchased a new motherboard, cpu & ram from some nice black Friday deals. Was a bit worried installing them would cause trouble since it was a while ago I changed my hardware but it was like riding a bike, sure a bit nervous but it all worked out fine. Out of...
  6. Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change

Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change: I've changed a hardware recently and I can't re-activate a Windows 10 that I've received for free on my new configuration with the following message: We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows....
  7. Problem in Activating Windows 10 Pro after significant hardware change.

Problem in Activating Windows 10 Pro after significant hardware change.: First of All Sorry there will be tons of grammatical mistakes are going to happen as I am not good in English. I recently changed my broken Motherboard and HDD of My PC, installed a new Windows 10 Pro on my new HDD as well. After installing it I thought to activate Windows I...
  8. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

Windows Activation after significant hardware change: Hi, I've recently changed both my motherboard and cpu and am unable to re activate windows on the pc. My version of windows is linked to my microsoft account. When I go use the activation troubleshooter and select the device I'm using, it says 'Unable to activate windows.'...
  9. Problems re-activating windows after hardware change.

Problems re-activating windows after hardware change.: I've changed motherboard, CPU etc and can't seem to reactivate windows. It works and updates as normal but displays the 'activate this copy of windows' message on desktop and reports error 0x803FA067 when I try and enter my valid product key. I've tried troubleshooter,...
  10. Problem with Windows 10 re activation after hardware change

Problem with Windows 10 re activation after hardware change: I recently upgraded my PC. I changed my motherboard, processor and RAM. I followed the steps mentioned here: https://support.microsoft.com/el-gr/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change And reactivated windows on my PC. After that I decided to do a...