Windows 10: problem with receiving mail from domain site

Discus and support problem with receiving mail from domain site in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I'm having some trouble receiving mail from the works email address, I have used the advance set up in windows 10 mail programme to input all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Norman64, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Norman64 Win User

problem with receiving mail from domain site

Hi

I'm having some trouble receiving mail from the works email address,

I have used the advance set up in windows 10 mail programme to input all the details and it says the account is set up which I can see in the email list

though it will not download emails or let me send any.

can anyone help with this I have tried lots of times deleting the account and putting details in again

our office can access the emails from their end but I cant from my computer at home so I am assuming it is something very simple I am missing

I am all out of ideas now so hoping someone here can help solve the issue

Help Please!!!!!! Norman

:)

Norman64, Feb 23, 2020
  2. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?

Hi Bob

What domain do you use for mail? yahoo.com, gmail.com, outlook.com... other.

Have you checked with them on setup procedure?

Any chance you are using two step authentication?

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2020
  4. problem with receiving mail from domain site

Block domain in Hotmail

Thank you for all the input.

As suggested, I do have a few e-mail addresses.
    • My primary address is only given out to legitimate known contacts and I have no problem with junk mail.
    • A secondary e-mail (Hotmail) is given out when I want to buy something on line and I want replies but I don't want to risk my primary address. This is the one that is giving me grief since it does get legitimate replies (and the junk).
    • A third e-mail that I give out when some web site needs an a-mail address to register and I don't really think it is necessary. I totally ignore e-mail in this account.

This strategy has worked for me for a number of years. However, this "icu.com" domain is a new development and it is a pain in the a$$. I may abandon the Hotmail address and establish a new secondary account. That will probably work for a short while.

dsscottage, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

problem with receiving mail from domain site

1. problem with receiving mail from domain site - Similar Threads - problem receiving mail

2. Can't open web sites from the Mail app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open web sites from the Mail app: I just installed the latest Windows 10 updates yesterday, now I can't open web sites to see items. I get a message which I took a screenshot of, and it's attached. Can someone suggest what I need to do to fix this problem? It looks like like I can't include the screenshot....
  3. Windows Mail cuts attachements for incoming e-mail from specific mail domain.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail cuts attachements for incoming e-mail from specific mail domain.: Hi! I've narrowed the problem down to being Windows Mail only having issues with e-mail attachments not being delivered. Just text. I've tried other mail clients em Client, Outlook which had no problem with delivering the attachments. I've tried resetting the Windows Mail...
  4. I received a mail from Microsoft in Hindi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received a mail from Microsoft in Hindi: Today, I received a mail from Microsoft *** Email address is removed for privacy *** about terms of use. But it's in Hindi and I don't understand it. Is there any way to ensure future communications are in English as I don't want to be in the wrong end of language when it...
  5. Domain redirection to another site?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain redirection to another site?: Hello following is give: Domain 1: www.meinedomain1.de, this page contains a Json format, let's say about dates. My goal is to manipulate domain 1 (on the PC) in such a way that I am redirected to domain 2: www.meinedomain2.de, so that other dates are entered. Does anyone...
  6. not receiving mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    not receiving mail: Refers to microsoft windows mail I was using outlook 2007 but decided to progress to Microsoft Mail win10 I have opened 2 accounts gmail and an internet provider and linked them. However, I see only the gmail mails. Since I don't know whether the 2nd was opened as a POP or...
  7. Mail not receiving

Mail not receiving: Hi, I've set up an IMAP email account in Windows 10 mail application. Ive successfully tested the outbound email traffic but nothing is incoming. The senders are all receiving Failure Notices. There is no explanation in the returned emails other than to say Sorry, we...
  8. Emails from BTInternet.com not being received in Mail

Emails from BTInternet.com not being received in Mail: Mail sent to my Hotmail account in Mail (Ver 16005.12026.20218.0) from BTInternet.com accounts is not being received even though the originating BTInternet.com account shows the mail in the Sent folder as normal. What can I do to fix this?...
  9. Exchange Server Mail Send/Receive Problem

Exchange Server Mail Send/Receive Problem: Hi to all, We're using Microsoft Exchange Server in our company. About every few months, some of our users says they can't get mails from other users. We found the basic solution by deleting the automatically completed record in the recipient section from the screen of the...
  10. Remove outlook mail from other site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove outlook mail from other site: Hello, I signed up on a gaming site with my outlook mail. But I don't feel safe. So I want to remove my outlook mail from that site. How can I do it? Thanks, Younoch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im not recieving all my emails on my btinternet windows 10 pc