Windows 10: Problem with recording microphone

Discus and support Problem with recording microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC is using internal microphone for recording purposes and not the microphone on headphones. Headphones are working fine and checked it on another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vinay_45, Mar 6, 2019.

1. vinay_45 Win User

Problem with recording microphone

My PC is using internal microphone for recording purposes and not the microphone on headphones. Headphones are working fine and checked it on another PC. I've also tried setting up the microphone. I also reinstalled the audio driver. I got to know this after listening to the microphone in recording tab. Is this the problem with windows or with headphone jack??

:)

vinay_45, Mar 6, 2019

2. Microphone Problems (Please Help)

Hi Larry,

We'd like to verify a few things in order for us to assist you effectively. Kindly confirm the following:

Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)

• Do you get an error when you're trying to use your microphone?
    • What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • How did you install your microphone to your Windows 10 PC? Kindly verify if the steps below are the same as the steps you have performed:

To install a new microphone, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, select the microphone or recording device you'd like to set up. Select
      Configure.

• Select Set up microphone, and follow the steps of the
      Microphone Setup Wizard

To test a microphone that has already been installed:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, look for green bars rising as you speak into your recording device. If the bars are moving, your device is connected and working properly.

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with recording microphone - Similar Threads - Problem recording microphone

2. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  3. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  4. Microphone not recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not recording: My microphone was not working and I reinstalled windows and audio drivers. When I speak the icon shows movement indicating that sound is being sensed, but nothing records in voice recorder, skype of other program. Troubleshooters have not found a problem....
  5. Recording from microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording from microphone: I am trying to record my screen to show how to fill out a form. I am needing to have my voice recorded at the same time. I have an external microphone plugged in. I use window alt R and make sure the microphone is on. However the first many attempts no audio recorded. My...
  6. Microphone will not record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone will not record: the microphone in my speakers is not working. I have insignia speakers don't know the technical name that play audio just fine. However, when I try to voice record our sons school work & then playback...nothing. I feel like the answer is super simple, like wrong port...
  7. Laptop Microphone not recording

Laptop Microphone not recording: I am trying to make a video for use in a virtual choir performance, using Windows10 on my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. To record my part, I'm using Windows Voice Recorder App while listening to U-Tube choir recording via my headphones. I activate Voice Recorder and Camera...
  8. Problems recording microphone with Game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems recording microphone with Game bar: Hi! I use Game Bar to record Minecraft videos and I want to record my microphone, of course. BUT I do NOT want to have to hear my microphone in my headphones all the time. But if I go in to the settings of the microphone and turn off "Listen to this device" Game Bar ALSO...
  9. voice recorder microphone

voice recorder microphone: voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-microphone/1ff40f41-7afb-4ea8-a80c-841077ec7860
  10. Earbuds with microphone not recording.

Earbuds with microphone not recording.: I'm beyond frustrated. I plugged in my earbuds this morning and was able to record and take calls. Come back at night and it does not work anymore. I have run every troubleshoot option on the default microphone troubleshooter, my privacy setting are on for the microphone and...