Windows 10: Problem with recording sound in Camera app

Discus and support Problem with recording sound in Camera app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SheriWantsToKnow, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in this post from the previous suggestions. which I tried to no avail. Now, I can't record sound at all!How can I fix this VERY annoying problem???.1. Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.11652. I am using a Heil professional mic that is plugged into a Focusrite amp to give the mic power. 5. Stereo mix is my default device.

:)

SheriWantsToKnow, Jan 12, 2022

2. Windows Camera app not recording sound

I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup yesterday to have a Skype conversation with audio capture. I have tried replaying the video recorded in the Camera app in VLC, but there is no sound there either, so the problem is definitely with recording rather than playback. Why doesn't the Camera app record sound?

ricecrispies, Jan 12, 2022
  3. Windows Camera app not recording sound

Windows audio settings say that the default audio input device is my webcam (Logitech Webcam Pro 9000) and the volume settings for individual apps say that the input for Camera is "default". I did try changing that to the Webcam Pro specifically, but that didn't make any difference.

I have also just tried installing ManyCam, but that doesn't capture the audio either, despite the fact that the microphone selected in ManyCam settings is the one on the webcam.

- - - Updated - - -

One additional curious piece of information:
    I tried messing about with Skype's audio capture settings, and set the input to ManyCam virtual microphone, and the sound level meter showed that sound was getting through. In other words, on the one hand, ManyCam fails to record audio just like the Camera App, but on the other hand, ManyCam is able to capture audio to be routed somewhere else. Or to put it another way, ManyCam is capturing sound, but failing to record it, just as the Windows Camera app fails to record sound.

- - - Updated - - -

And another piece of information: I configured the XBox Game Bar to capture all audio, including mic, apps, and system sounds, and then recorded a few seconds while playing something on Spotify, and the captured video was silent. In other words my audio recordings don't include any sounds from anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

However I have been able to record audio using the audio recorder app. Is the problem something specifically to do with video recordings?

ricecrispies, Jan 12, 2022
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Problem with recording sound in Camera app

Windows Camera app not recording sound

OK, so I just gave my laptop a try since it has built in camera and mic. All working there without issue.

One thing you might check is that the Volume Mixer (right click the speaker icon and click open volume mixer) includes the Windows camera and is on....

Problem with recording sound in Camera app [​IMG]

You might look to see if the Logitech webcam is shown since it has the mic. Let me know.

sygnus21, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

Problem with recording sound in Camera app

1. Problem with recording sound in Camera app - Similar Threads - Problem recording sound

2. Sound recording problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound recording problem: Sound recorder cuts out intermittently.Drivers checked and updated.Tried using external mic - makes problem worse.See screenshot below showing flat lines where recording has cut out....
  3. Sound recording problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound recording problem: Sound recorder cuts out intermittently.Drivers checked and updated.Tried using external mic - makes problem worse.See screenshot below showing flat lines where recording has cut out....
  4. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with recording sound in Camera app: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in...
  5. Camera app sound recording issue

Camera app sound recording issue: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, when I play the video back and listen with headphones, the sounds only comes from one side not both. How can I fix this VERY annoying problem since folks listening to my videos can also only hear the sound...
  6. Problem with Camera App recording in stereo

Problem with Camera App recording in stereo: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, when I play the video back and listen with headphones, the sounds only comes from one side not both. How can I fix this VERY annoying problem since folks listening to my videos can also only hear the sound...
  7. Sound Recording problem

Sound Recording problem: I have a HP Pavilion desktop, model 500-277cb 64 bit, 12 gb ram, 1 tb hard drive, which I purchased from Sam's Club in 2014. It came preloaded with Windows 8.1. It's been running fine for all these years. In late 2020, I upgraded to Windows 10, version 20H2. One of the main...
  8. Windows Camera app not recording sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Camera app not recording sound: I'm trying to record myself on the Windows Camera App for a school project, but no sound is coming out when I play it back. I've tried troubleshooting, adjusting the microphone settings, and checking if the app has microphone access, but nothing is working. HELP! submitted...
  9. Windows Camera app not recording sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Camera app not recording sound: I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup...
  10. Sound-recording-app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sound-recording-app: Hello all: The old versions of MS Windows, such as Windows2000, has an app to be used for sound-recording. Does the Window10 also have the sound-recording-app? where?...