Windows 10: Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

Discus and support Problem with registry setting default e-mail client in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eswar pothula008, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry Current User Software Clients Mail it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This is affecting how our Not-for-profit management system is working. Does anybody know how to correctly set the default email app?

:)

Eswar pothula008, Apr 21, 2022
  2. lonranger Win User

Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

I too have had this problem. Going into Settings/system/default apps/mail does not show my email client in the options. I too need to find out where the default email client is stored and its values.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Sam

lonranger, Apr 21, 2022
  3. awjensen Win User

I know how to set the default e-mail client. My question is: when I set the default client to "Mail", why isn't the registry key "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail" set to "Mail" as the default client? It shows "Microsoft Outlook" even after
    I switch the default client to "Mail."

awjensen, Apr 21, 2022
  4. awjensen Win User

In Windows 10, I was using Outlook (desktop) as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Mail." When I look in the registry (Current User | Software | Clients | Mail) it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This
    is affecting how our Not-for-profit management system is working. Does anybody know how to correctly set the default email app?

awjensen, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client - Similar Threads - Problem registry setting

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with registry setting default e-mail client: In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry Current User Software Clients Mail it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This is affecting how our...
  3. Either there is no default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Either there is no default mail client: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client....
  4. Default mail client warning

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default mail client warning: I keep getting the warning below, although I have Outlook as the default mail client. How can I stop getting this warning. Thank you in advance for your help. [img] 153835
  5. Outlook Default Mail Client

Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  6. Can not set default E-Mail client to anything other than Mail

Can not set default E-Mail client to anything other than Mail: I have an e-mail client that I am trying to set as the default and can't seem to get it to change. I am not trying to use an app from the Microsoft store, this is an actual program that I have installed on the computer. I can not make it the default email client within the...
  7. Default e-mail client no more chosen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Default e-mail client no more chosen ?: Appears to be a 'one-off' situation where an APP I've used for many years to send reports (a PDF file) works fine on 2 of my 3 Dell Latitude laptops ... but can't get a proper operation on one laptop. All three laptops have new/fresh/clean installations of Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Default e-mail client not chosen ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default e-mail client not chosen ?: Appears to be a 'one-off' situation where an APP I've used for many years to send reports (a PDF file) works fine on 2 of my 3 Dell Latitude laptops ... but can't get a proper operation on one laptop. All three laptops have new/fresh/clean installations of Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

in Browsers and Email
    Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client: Clicking on an mailto link in Excel or Word no longer brings me to Firefox and gmail. I have Windows 10. My default browser is set to Firefox. Website hyperlinks in Excel or Word work fine, taking me to Firefox. Within Firefox the mailto is set to gmail and this works if I am...
  10. Default E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Default E-Mail: Installed 10 and now can't find how to make Yahoo my default e-mail 17417