Windows 10: Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access

Discus and support Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been testing the KIOSK mode in windows 10 pro through: Open settings Click on Accounts Click on Family & other users Under "Set up a Kiosk"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcelKolenbrander, May 25, 2020.

1. Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access

I have been testing the KIOSK mode in windows 10 pro through:

1. Open settings
    2. Click on Accounts
    3. Click on Family & other users
    4. Under "Set up a Kiosk" click the Assigned Access option
    5. Click Get started and follow the steps

The KIOSK mode is working, however, I only wanted to quickly test it. After testing, I wanted to remove the KIOSK account, but when I click on the KIOSK account and click removeit only shows a spinning loading symbol, only to either lock up settings after a few minutes or tell me that it didn't work. I also tried to remove it through the powershell with clear-AssignedAccessbut that also just locks up after a few minutes and gives me an error that says that there is not real error.

All of this is attempted as an administrator, without any other accounts logged in.

A screenshot to give some more insight:

Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access [​IMG]

:)

MarcelKolenbrander, May 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 25, 2020
  3. Shawn Brink, May 25, 2020
  4. Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access

Windows 10 kiosk mode issue

Hello Ashley, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I recommend that you follow the steps from the article ‘Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues’

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Alternatively, try to remove and then reinstall the Kiosk account. Please, follow the steps provided below:

1. Open Settings, locate Accounts, then Family & other people.

2. Tap on Assigned access that is under Setup a kiosk option.

3. Find Kiosk info and click on the account name, then tap on Remove kiosk.

4. Press Remove.

Once done, refer to the article on how to set up a single-app kiosk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access

1. Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access - Similar Threads - Problem Removing Single

2. Windows Single App Kiosk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Single App Kiosk: HI All,Can some one please help how can enable Auto Refresh a website launched in single app kiosk mode under assigned access mode.It should refresh website without logging out user.any help would be appreciated.RegardsVikas KUmar...
  3. Windows Single App Kiosk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Single App Kiosk: HI All,Can some one please help how can enable Auto Refresh a website launched in single app kiosk mode under assigned access mode.It should refresh website without logging out user.any help would be appreciated.RegardsVikas KUmar...
  4. Single App Kiosk or What?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Single App Kiosk or What?: Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not require a password for basic user account,The name of the account is "VizRoom-PC"I would like users to be able to see this account...
  5. Single App Kiosk or What?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single App Kiosk or What?: Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not require a password for basic user account,The name of the account is "VizRoom-PC"I would like users to be able to see this account...
  6. Single App Kiosk or What?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Assigned Access Multi App Kiosk Mode Always on top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigned Access Multi App Kiosk Mode Always on top: We are using a multi app kiosk setup that allows the users to open various programs. The problem is we use a time keeping app that times their use that should be always on top in the bottom right hand corner. Unfortunately the application only shows when they open another...
  8. windows 10 kiosk mode assigned access

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 kiosk mode assigned access: Hi, im running around on the internet looking for solutions, what I need to know is in assigned access windows 10 kiosk mode can I run specific program like software from win32 app or like a software company....
  9. Assigned Access kiosk and copy/paste

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Assigned Access kiosk and copy/paste: I have an in house kiosk app that we set up using "set-assignedaccess" The app itself works great. The app runs as a regular non-admin user. Also, when the app is run as an admin or regular user outside of being set up with assigned access, copy/paste works, so I presume...
  10. Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10: How to: Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 How to Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 You can use the standard user account on a PC so that it only has access to a single Universal Windows Platform (UWP)...