Windows 10: Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer

Discus and support Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having major issues with right clicking things on the desktop and with right clicking in file explorer. When I right click on both the desktop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeotheLion275, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer

I'm having major issues with right clicking things on the desktop and with right clicking in file explorer. When I right click on both the desktop and in file explorer, I get the blue spinning circle and it never returns back to normal. The right clicking on desktop started today but right clicking on file explorer has been a thing for a month now. I've tried many things but it just doesn't fix anything... Does anyone know how to fix this?

These are the problem details:

Description

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1

Application Name: explorer.exe

Application Version: 10.0.19041.746

Application Timestamp: ca234864

Hang Signature: 9466

Hang Type: 67246144

Waiting on Application Name: svchost.exe:{776dbc8d-7347-478c-8d71-791e12ef49d8}

Waiting on Application Version: 0.0.0.0

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 9466e72d6cbbfd93e28fcfd9df0c9c25

Additional Hang Signature 2: 7383

Additional Hang Signature 3: 738332774826471dfa92eba42d5e7490

Additional Hang Signature 4: 9466

Additional Hang Signature 5: 9466e72d6cbbfd93e28fcfd9df0c9c25

Additional Hang Signature 6: 7383

Additional Hang Signature 7: 738332774826471dfa92eba42d5e7490

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: e8e61c5b0ad2d88483b4b771f8ddbaa1 1419961482663017121

:)

LeotheLion275, Feb 10, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

Download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows
    NOTE: download version 1.97 or later, else Restart Explorer won't work in step 4

1. This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    2. From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu. Also put check marks as shown

Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer [​IMG]
    3. Click on the screen, Hold down CTRL Key+A to select all then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    4. Click on the Options again and select Restart Explorer
    5. Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 4 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, Feb 10, 2021
  3. classic20 Win User
    File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

Hello everyone!

I'm loving the new Windows 10! But this problem is really bugging me.

Whenever I right-click a file anywhere on the Desktop, the File Explorer crashes briefly and then comes right back up. This does not happen anywhere else, only on the Desktop.

I tried going to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*/shellex/ContextMenuHandlers" with RegEdit and removing some of them, but to no avail.

Anything to point me in the right direction or any suggestions?
    Thank you in advance!

classic20, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer

File Explorer, Right click not responsive

Regarding your concern with File Explorer, we suggest that you follow these steps to resolve your query.

• Open File Explorer and click the View tab.
    • Click Options, and select Change folders and search options. The
      Folder Options window should pop up.
    • Click View tab and check mark “Always show icons, never thumbnails.”
      Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer 0a0866ea-811b-444d-836e-f29ca744e5b5.jpg
    • Click Apply and click Yes, when it asks, “Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder’s view settings?”
    • Click OK to close the Folder Options window and you may now use your File Explorer.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer

1. Problem with Right-Clicking on Desktop and File Explorer - Similar Threads - Problem Right Clicking

2. Issue with the Right Click not working on my desktop or file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with the Right Click not working on my desktop or file explorer: Usually when I Right Click it works instantly, but now whenever I Right Click it takes around 30 seconds, or it just freezes. Despite trying multiple solutions, the problem persists, causing the desktop or file explorer to start the blue spinning circle, then turn black, and...
  3. Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop: I've had this problem twice now, the last problem occurred around 2 months ago and now it happened again. I would assume this is caused by the updates, and it appeared again. Tried the same solution I tried last time but it didn't work this time system restore. I restored at...
  4. Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop: I've had this problem twice now, the last problem occurred around 2 months ago and now it happened again. I would assume this is caused by the updates, and it appeared again. Tried the same solution I tried last time but it didn't work this time system restore. I restored at...
  5. Problem with right click on desktop

Problem with right click on desktop: I have an issues on Windows 10 Desktop where when I right click , I get the circle for minutes, and then nothing happens. When I click on a file on desktop it works fine but it only hangs when I hit an empty space in the desktop and I can't figure out the reason. Anyone ever...
  6. PROBLEM: Right Click And File Explorer Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROBLEM: Right Click And File Explorer Not Working: Ok, Let's Go Straight To The Point: Everytime I Press Right Click In The Desktop, I'm Greeted With An Spinning Circle, If I Do Nothing It Just Stay There, Spinning, If I Do Something It Blacks Out And Appears Again, And About File Explorer, If I Open Any Folder It Just Gives...
  7. Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.

Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.: Basically it crashes when I right click in explorer application or desktop so I cant delete files using mouse or create files. Also first time today onedrive crashed with it and I was instantly able to right click again. Usually it goes away after 2minutes and happens again...
  8. Problem with right clicking on file explorer in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with right clicking on file explorer in the taskbar: Hello. I am having a weird problem. Sometimes when I right click on the file explorer icon in the taskbar nothing happens when other times I get the usual quick menu. It seems to be about a 75/25 split. I haven't changed anything and it only happens with file explorer....
  9. Right-click problems with files/folders/desktop/Groove

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Right-click problems with files/folders/desktop/Groove: I updated to 10 with the free upgrade. I have a HP Pavilion 20. I'm guessing it's about 2.5 to 3 years old. Work computer. I've only been using this computer 1.5 years. Since the update, the computer has "days" where it will not let me right-click on the Desktop to create a...
  10. File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop: Hello everyone! I'm loving the new Windows 10! But this problem is really bugging me. Whenever I right-click a file anywhere on the Desktop, the File Explorer crashes briefly and then comes right back up. This does not happen anywhere else, only on the Desktop. I...