Windows 10: Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror

Discus and support Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi 3 PC's Windows 10 fully updated I have used Robocopy on three PC's for a couple of years. I have a USB that I use at work then when I get home I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daniellouwrens, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror

Hi

3 PC's Windows 10 fully updated

I have used Robocopy on three PC's for a couple of years.

I have a USB that I use at work then when I get home I
    mirror the USB to my PC's

This has always worked well but now on one of my PC's
    nothing changes in the Target older.

My Source Path is H:\Robert and Target Path is C:\Robert.
    I check / MIR on the Copy Options Tab.

This definitely only does not work on one W10 PC

What am I missing?

Any help or comments appreciated.

Regards

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Jul 19, 2020

2. Is Robocopy GUI available in Windows 10?

Hi Peter,

Robocopy or Robust File Copy is available in Windows 10, however, it is a function that can only be used through a command-line directory. As of today, the Microsoft Robocopy GUI is available in Microsoft Windows Servers, check this
    article for your reference.

We believe that your idea of Microsoft Robocopy GUI being available in Windows 10 can lead to a better computing experience. And because of this, we encourage you to submit it as a feedback using our Feedback Hub. By doing so, there is a possibility that Robocopy
    GUI will be available in Windows 10, through product improvement or update.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support
    article
    and .

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, and then paste the link here in your response (it will look like Redirection Tools<unique link>).

If you are looking for another option on how to back up your files easily, you can
    back up and restore your files in Windows 10.

If additional assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Robocopy with /MIR fails with Recycle Bin error message

Hello Jim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when things do not work as they should. However, let us follow these methods and check if that helps.

I would suggest you to exclude Recycle bin (/xd ‘D:\$Recycle.Bin’)
    while copying files from D drive to E drive and check if the issue persist. If OneDrive is synching and online while you are copying files, you will come across this error message ‘OneDrive is in use’. However,
    if you still have user files under C drive, try to copy them directly to E drive and check if the issue persist.

For more information on Robocopy, refer the Microsoft article on
    Robocopy /MIR switch – mirroring file permissions
    and Robocopy
    and a Few Examples

As you are just copying the user data files, you can achieve the same result using Copy and paste feature in Windows through GUI.

However, as the issue is related to copying files through Robocopy, let me point you in the right direction where you will be able to get the support for the issue that you are facing. I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet forums, where you will be able to find
    support from professionals and members for this particular issue.

Regards,

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 19, 2020
  4. fpefpe Win User

Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror

robocopy switches

Hello -- I am running a robocopy job to mirror my D: drive (data drive) to folder on my external drive

robocopy d:\ x:\d-drive /mir

after the job finished, the folder x:\d-drive is hidden and has the system attribute ---

Does anyone one know why this happens?

fpefpe, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror

1. Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror - Similar Threads - Problem Robocopy GUI

2. Looking for RoboCopy GUI and RichCopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for RoboCopy GUI and RichCopy: I was troubleshooting somebody else's computer and needed to back up their files while excluding some stuff. Microsoft used to put out a free utility called RoboCopy GUI that helped setting up the parameters for robocopy and made it easier to copy/paste pathnames when setting...
  3. Looking for RoboCopy GUI and RichCopy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for RoboCopy GUI and RichCopy: I was troubleshooting somebody else's computer and needed to back up their files while excluding some stuff. Microsoft used to put out a free utility called RoboCopy GUI that helped setting up the parameters for robocopy and made it easier to copy/paste pathnames when setting...
  4. Looking for RoboCopy GUI and RichCopy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. GUI Problems

GUI Problems: I'm using a PC tower optimised for audio production that uses Optane technology. For the past 7 days now the system behaves in a manner that necessitates multiple restarts - up to 40 a day but who's counting - via the computers power button. No problem is ever observed with...
  6. GUI Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GUI Problems: I'm using a PC tower optimised for audio production that uses Optane technology. For the past 7 days now the system behaves in a manner that necessitates multiple restarts - up to 40 a day but who's counting - via the computers power button. No problem is ever observed with...
  7. GUI Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Is Microsoft's Robocopy GUI still available

Is Microsoft's Robocopy GUI still available: I've followed several links trying to find the genuine Microsoft GUI for Robocopy by Derk Benisch as per... [img] but the links don't work. Is there a reason it's been withdrawn, or am I not looking in the right places? 176362
  9. Robocopy not copying newer file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy not copying newer file: I have a file in a OneDrive folder named bernie3_journal.txt. It has today's date which is 10/7. I'm trying to use robocopy to copy the file to my son's OneDrive folder as shown below. The bernie3_journal.txt file in my son's OneDrive folder has a date stamp of 8/5. I've...
  10. Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring

in Windows 10 Support
    Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring: Why are these in my default "Documents" folder? Their presence there crash creating a mirror using Robocopy. Can they be removed without any negative effects? Thanks for any thoughts. 114112