Windows 10: Problem with saving files

Discus and support Problem with saving files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using adobe illustrator in my workplace and sometimes when I want to save a file by replacing an existing file, I get an error message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sidharth17, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Problem with saving files

Hi, I'm using adobe illustrator in my workplace and sometimes when I want to save a file by replacing an existing file, I get an error message saying that the file is currently in use, and it can't be saved even-though it is not opened in any other software. I never had this problem in my mac but keep encountering this in windows.

:)

Sidharth17, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Problem with saving files

Microsoft Jigsaw Save File problem!

Hi WalGlynn,

Having a server interruption while playing is one of the possible reasons why your Microsoft Jigsaw save file has become corrupted. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. You may click the link below for the steps:

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Problem with saving files

1. Problem with saving files - Similar Threads - Problem saving files

2. Downloading and Saving Files problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading and Saving Files problem: I received emails of files I needed.From gmail, I opened the email, opened the file, proceeded to Download the file. Then from Downloads, instead of Open, I did a Save As. I put the pdf docs into a different subfolder under Documents. After I confirmed the document looked...
  3. Problem with saving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with saving files: Hi, I'm using adobe illustrator in my workplace and sometimes when I want to save a file by replacing an existing file, I get an error message saying that the file is currently in use, and it can't be saved even-though it is not opened in any other software. I never had this...
  4. Problem with saving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with saving files: Hi, I'm using adobe illustrator in my workplace and sometimes when I want to save a file by replacing an existing file, I get an error message saying that the file is currently in use, and it can't be saved even-though it is not opened in any other software. I never had this...
  5. Problem saving files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem saving files to Desktop: Windows 10: I can't save files to the actual desktop but I can save files to the picture folder on that desktop. If I look in file explorer/users/name/desktop the file goes there upon saving but it doesn't go on the true desktop or give any type of error. I went in the...
  6. problem with saving files

problem with saving files: I can not save files because of several issues: the files and folders names are not showing and I do not see a field where to put in the file name. The issue occurred suddenly while I was working on my PC....
  7. Problem saving files

Problem saving files: You don't have permission to modify files in this network location. Contact the administrator per permission to make these changes. Any suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-saving-files/d8675d54-44d7-4177-9d15-4fb77f26bd94
  8. Problem saving files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem saving files: Since my last Windows 10 update, I can't save any type of file to any folder except Downloads. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-saving-files/b2a320ca-d741-480d-a128-36e40cf9945e
  9. File "save as" problem

File "save as" problem: I am having problems trying to update file name using "save as" function in Office 2010. This has been an issue for several months and sometimes works, sometimes not. I get an error message that names the file and says "file not found". Well the file is just being created so...
  10. problem saving .bat file

in Windows 10 Support
    problem saving .bat file: In Win 10, want to save .bat file in a Program directory. Downloaded a program in a zip file and unzipped it to a Program Files (x86) folder. This folder has other .bat files but one was missing. Now have it but cannot save it in the folder. I am the owner of the folder. 69008