Windows 10: Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My cursor starts to flash and is difficult to use when it is flashing. It appears it has something to do with a transparent Semi Circle that appears in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RCoover, Mar 13, 2019.

1. RCoover Win User

Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro

My cursor starts to flash and is difficult to use when it is flashing. It appears it has something to do with a transparent Semi Circle that appears in the upper part and slightly above the right end of the taskbar. If, using my finger, I touch the screen within the semi circle, I can drag a solid cursor onto the screen to use. However, it usually starts flashing again and I have to do it again. Sometimes, a short white vertical line appears about 3/4 up the screen from the bottom, also on the right edge of the screen, and I have to pull the cursor from that location instead of the semi circle on the bottom.

This started immediately after I had a cracked screen repaired. I took it back to the repair person, and was told "It was nothing I've done", I can't help you and I cannot give you your money ($220) back. I suspect it was her fault, but I do not know what to do in this situation. Also my keyboard stopped working a couple of days after the repair. I'm am now using a Bluetooth keyboard to type this out.

:)

RCoover, Mar 13, 2019

2. Fingerprint reader missing from log-in screen on Surface Pro 4

Hi Van,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about fingerprint reader on the your device, do le us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the device(Hardware/ Software) prior to this issue?
    • Have you connected any other external devices to your Surface Pro 4?
    • Are you using PIN on the logon screen to log-in to your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by
    RobertBrindle on November 10, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pro 4 Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 13, 2019
  3. AnandLad Win User
    Surface Pro 4 mouse cursor not working properly

I am facing problem on Surface Pro 4 on screen at some point my mouse cursor is not working. How to resolve this issue is there any troubleshoot so I can try it to resolve the problem. Also I am using Windows 10 Version 1709 I did not update due to system
    hanging problem in new version 1803.

***Moved from Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Display and screen***

AnandLad, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro

1. Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Problem Screen Cursor

2. Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse: Because my keyboard touch pad was not responding I purchased a bluetooth mouse. When the mouse is connected my sound quits working. When I turn off the bluetooth to unpair the mouse the sound comes back. I made sure there were no updates that I needed to install. Can anyone...
  3. surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4

surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4: I am having trouble with both of my keyboards the tablet cover and the wireless. I bought a new tablet cover thinking it was the old one and that did not work either. Then I connected it to the docking station where I use the Microsoft wireless keyboard and that is not...
  4. Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro

Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro: I cannot get my keyboard to connect anymore to my surface pro 4. I re-set to default but this didn't help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-keyboard-to-surface-4-pro/b51b8035-a4b2-4f33-9640-17bf07822dc9
  5. Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around

Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around: So i've had my surface pro 4 for about 2 years now, and have always experienced a problem with the cursor jumping around since day one. I know a lot of people in the past have posted about this same issue, however I haven't found a solution that works for me. I've tried...
  6. Surface Pro 4 blurry screen

Surface Pro 4 blurry screen: I have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. Everything was working fine and then my screen started shaking up and down really fast and now is blurry. Every thing is blurry. The loading page, websites, the main screen. I have tried restarting, updating and running the...
  7. Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen: My Surface Pro 4 has been having issues with a jumpy screen for a while now, but for the first several months the issue would go away upon restarting. Now it happens all the time. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with how hot the computer gets, the blurriness remains...
  8. Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction

Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction: My Surface Pro Keyboard Cover is behaving badly. When I boot the computer, it randomly sends strings of characters to the computer. Usually it does this at the login screen, producing an incorrect password before I can even input the correct one. I have been able to log in...
  9. Surface pro 4 screen

Surface pro 4 screen: Hi, My sp4 had this flickering issue for a while, and I found out that there is a chance for replacement if it is within 3 years from the purchase, so I wonder where can I check the purchase date (I lost the receipt). Also, there is no way to fix this? Some people says it...
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 on screen keyboard problems

2. surface pro cursor problems

3. i have two cursors blinking on my screen on surface pro 4

4. jumpy cursor surface pro 4 keyboard or hardware issue,
  5. surface pro 4 turn on cursor,
  6. surface pro cursor not working,
  7. cant find cursor on surface pro 4,
  8. surface pro 4 mouse cursor problem