Windows 10: Problem with screen flashing off then on intermittently when any program/folder/anything is...

Discus and support Problem with screen flashing off then on intermittently when any program/folder/anything is... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hoping somebody can help!! My Dell XPS One27 all-in-one has randomly started to turn the screen black and then back on intermittently anytime I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fasciN8ing, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Problem with screen flashing off then on intermittently when any program/folder/anything is...

Hoping somebody can help!! My Dell XPS One27 all-in-one has randomly started to turn the screen black and then back on intermittently anytime I have a program/folder/anything open but when i have no open programs or folders on the desktop it never flashes off. It's a Intel HD 4600 display adapter and ive tried searching for updated drivers but it says i have the latest drivers already. This is starting to drive me crazy as sometimes it will happen literally every couple seconds until i close (or minimize) all open folders/programs on the screen. When im editing photos or reading an article on the internet this flashing off and on is jarring to say the least. I made a video of what happens but it doesn't seem I can attach a video to this question. If there is a way to do that and it would be helpful letme know how and I'll do it. Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks!

:)

fasciN8ing, Feb 24, 2019

2. Intermittent black screen problem in Windows 10

Hi Warren,

There are several reasons why you are facing an intermittent black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• On which scenarios did the black screen issue happen again?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any particular changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Are there any 3rd party programs or software installed on your computer?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, may we know the list of steps that you have done to resolve the issue?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 24, 2019
  3. badcrc Win User
    Creating new folder causes freeze - intermittent problem

When I create a new folder on the desktop, then try to give it a name my computer freezes. Screen goes pale with a spinning circle, then after a minute or two it unfreezes - the folder is there but called 'New Folder'. I try to rename it and the same thing happens.

This is an intermittent problem, and at first I thought it just happened on the desktop, but today the same thing happened when creating a new folder in the music library. System is Windows 10 Pro x64, 2600K 8GB ram, SSD, Classic Shell, temps OK, no malware.

Any suggestions to fix this welcome. I worried that the next freeze will need a hard reset - lose any unsaved work etc.

badcrc, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Problem with screen flashing off then on intermittently when any program/folder/anything is...

"Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Problem with screen flashing off then on intermittently when any program/folder/anything is...

1. Problem with screen flashing off then on intermittently when any program/folder/anything is... - Similar Threads - Problem screen flashing

2. Screen flashes black for 2 seconds and any program that is currently being used crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashes black for 2 seconds and any program that is currently being used crashes.: I've noticed for a while now but whenever I play a game of any sort, or open up any slightly demanding application, my laptop tends to flash black for 2 seconds before any application I use turns white, and either crashes, ceases function, or can only be heard through the...
  3. Portable Display - Mobil Pixels Trio - Intermittent flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable Display - Mobil Pixels Trio - Intermittent flashing on and off: Hi all, Full device and system settings below When connecting my Mobile Pixels Trio 3 to my MSI Laptop the display will blink off and then back on intermittently. When this happens, the monitor appears to disconnect and restart as after 1-2 seconds of lag and all of the...
  4. Screen flashing problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flashing problem: I am currently running Windows 10 20H1 with all the latest drivers installed but when I use my laptop for a while, the screen starts flashing and returns to normal a few moments later. Secondly, I just don't understand why my computer takes quite a bit to boot up despite it...
  5. flashing screen when turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    flashing screen when turned off: I have a brand new HP computer with Microsoft 10 as its OS. When I tried shutting my computer down the screen went black and is now randomly flashing quickly. I can't turn it on at all and it is continuing to flash a white screen in quick blips. Is it toast?...
  6. Intermittent Folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Folder issue: My clean install of Windows 10 intermittently forgets what a folder is. It also constantly resets the default program settings at random times, removing all my settings to default. After I set my defaults, usually about 20 minutes late it resets them all back to default. I...
  7. Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in: Since a few weeks, if I log in to my PC after my kids have played on the PC, the screen starts flashing on/off after logging in to my account. It seems that this is only the case when they are still logged in (in the background). The logon screen is normal, it starts flashing...
  8. Intermittent crashes when the screen is off [nvlddmkm.sys]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent crashes when the screen is off [nvlddmkm.sys]: Hello, my desktop computer running Windows 10 with all the latest updates started crashing intermittently but regularly, i.e., about 3 to 4 times a week under daily use, this April or May (around the time the Windows Spring Creators update was released). The crashes almost...
  9. Taskbar flashing when closing folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar flashing when closing folder: Hello, I have a weird problem with Windows 10. Randomly, when I close a folder, the taskbar flashes for a fraction of a second, allowing in that very short time for the wallpaper to be seen. I close the folder, the deskopt refreshes quickly and the taskbar flashes / blinks /...
  10. Memory Problem when screen is off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory Problem when screen is off: I have been using Win10 for the past 4 or 5 months and in general I have been pleased with its performance. However over the past couple of weeks I have noticed an issue when I switch off my screen and leave the machine idle. After about 5 mins I can hear the sound made when...