Windows 10: Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.

Discus and support Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; windows screen lock and sleep settings are set above 5 min but screen turns off automatically after 30 secs. why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jacobjosephXC, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.

windows screen lock and sleep settings are set above 5 min but screen turns off automatically after 30 secs. why?

:)

jacobjosephXC, Dec 9, 2018

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Dec 9, 2018
  4. AlHeline Win User

Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.

Screen Sleep

That only works until you reboot or power down. Then, it is back to the 15 minute setting. I am trying to kill screen sleep forever.

AlHeline, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.

1. Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings. - Similar Threads - Problem screen lockout

2. Sleep and lock screen settings problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and lock screen settings problem: Hi,My computer screen locks after about 5 minutes no matter what I change in my computer's power, lock screen and sleep settings. I have to log in again every time my computer monitor goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.At this point I believe the problem might be...
  3. Sleep and lock screen settings problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and lock screen settings problem: Hi,My computer screen locks after about 5 minutes no matter what I change in my computer's power, lock screen and sleep settings. I have to log in again every time my computer monitor goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.At this point I believe the problem might be...
  4. SYSTEM LOCKOUT - BLACK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SYSTEM LOCKOUT - BLACK SCREEN: Hello everyone - I am desperate for help - I know that Incredimail shutdown however I was still successfully using it until I inadvertently allowedMicrosoft to automatically download KB4577586 on my Acer Laptop whichautomatically removed Adobe Flash Player needed by...
  5. SYSTEM LOCKOUT - BLACK SCREEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM LOCKOUT - BLACK SCREEN: Hello everyone - I am desperate for help - I know that Incredimail shutdown however I was still successfully using it until I inadvertently allowedMicrosoft to automatically download KB4577586 on my Acer Laptop whichautomatically removed Adobe Flash Player needed by...
  6. Screen and Sleep Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen and Sleep Settings: Why does my HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC not sleep as per my settings? I set screen for never on both power and plugged in and sleep for 15 minutes for battery and 30 minutes for plugged in....
  7. Lockout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockout: Forgot sign I password to Lenovo Yoga. Tried the F8 key at startup to no avail. Cannot get the boot up menu and not even F1. Any help would be very appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockout/bdc1b795-8bba-4f08-a8a6-c8f733ec514f
  8. Setting different times for "sleep mode" and "lockout" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Setting different times for "sleep mode" and "lockout" in Windows 10: Is there a way to set different times for "sleep mode" and "lockout"? Just updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. In Windows 7, when the computer went to "sleep" I did not have to reenter my password to get back on the computer. But, that's what I am having to do with...
  9. Screen sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen sleep problem: Hi I have my screen go to sleep after 10 minutes & as usual it's just a case of tapping the keyboard or moving the mouse to wake it up. However, sometimes when I watch a video the screen will go to sleep but will not come back on regardless of what I do. The PC is still...
  10. Power And Sleep settings problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power And Sleep settings problem.: Hi. After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary recently, I'm getting the following problem in Power and Sleep option using screen and sleep. I want to change the “When plugged in turn off after” box from 4 hours to 1 minute. Successfully change then I exit....