Windows 10: Problem with screen resolution (windows apps: netflix, spotify and others)

Discus and support Problem with screen resolution (windows apps: netflix, spotify and others) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey! I hope this is the right sub to post this and pardon me if this isn't. Recently I updated my computer as I normally do when I get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/badvbeef, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Problem with screen resolution (windows apps: netflix, spotify and others)

Problem with screen resolution (windows apps: netflix, spotify and others) S6YMD9gQLCnPjCkqxUWBcYUv6rTehNKl7x98WiRxvvc.jpg

Hey! I hope this is the right sub to post this and pardon me if this isn't.

Recently I updated my computer as I normally do when I get an update prompt, and this became a recurring issue with Windows apps like netflix and spotify. Does someone know how to fix it? I have tried changing my screen resolution from the control pannel but nothing works. Thanks.

https://preview.redd.it/xj53wm3r3qz...bp&s=79cf8214a62a25d2f3a3cc4e6eaa0bb4c3c85d7b

submitted by /u/badvbeef
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/badvbeef, Nov 19, 2019

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Nov 19, 2019
  3. John Zab Win User
    Windows 10 Netflix App

Hi Brennan,

To help you regarding with the issue on displaying Netflix app on 2nd monitor (TV), kindly give us details on the following:

• Is this issue isolated to Netflix app?
    • Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    In the meantime, you can try these steps:

• Press Windows + P.
    • A side window pane should appear on your PC screen saying Project.
    • Select Duplicate from the list.
    • Then check if Netflix will now play video on the 2nd screen (TV).
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Problem with screen resolution (windows apps: netflix, spotify and others)

Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Problem with screen resolution (windows apps: netflix, spotify and others)

1. Problem with screen resolution (windows apps: netflix, spotify and others) - Similar Threads - Problem screen resolution

2. Installion of netflix and other apps require xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installion of netflix and other apps require xbox app: Hello. I can't install Netflix and other apps, even calculator via Microsoft store, MS Store says "Get for free in XBox app"If I click "install" on xbox app page, I will get error "0x80073D05"Already tried basic useless stuff - sfc, dism, repair install, powershell packages...
  3. Installion of netflix and other apps require xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installion of netflix and other apps require xbox app: Hello. I can't install Netflix and other apps, even calculator via Microsoft store, MS Store says "Get for free in XBox app"If I click "install" on xbox app page, I will get error "0x80073D05"Already tried basic useless stuff - sfc, dism, repair install, powershell packages...
  4. Netflix, Spotify, and Pinterest

Netflix, Spotify, and Pinterest: Whenever I try to open Pinterest, Netflix, and Spotify, it says 'Reset'. I don't know why it says that. I have tried other browsers and it continues to say 'Reset'. What would I have to do to make the apps open?...
  5. Screen resolution problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution problem: I have my HP laptop HDMIed to my Sharp Aquos TV. The TV has a 1920x1080 display. None of the dozen, or so, screen resolutions offered properly fit/fill the TV screen. 1280x768 at recommended 100% magnification is the closest I can get, with the top and bottom of the window...
  6. Netflix app black screen

Netflix app black screen: When selectin user on netflix windows 10 app, one user gets black screen bug loads for a second and then nothing but black screen. Selecting any other user will work just fine. On browser that user works just fine. Any ideas?...
  7. Audio Problems within Netflix, Chrome 74, and other apps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Problems within Netflix, Chrome 74, and other apps.: Hi so have been using windows build 17763.475 and audio from apps is not coming through my laptop speakers, while other audio is coming through. The apps it does not come in on is Netflix and Chrome 74. When looking at the Volume Mixer the apps do not show. So it there...
  8. Netflix, Spotify and iTunes or lack thereof!

Netflix, Spotify and iTunes or lack thereof!: I bought a new laptop yesterday with Windows 10 on and have had at least 5 failed attempts to download Netflix, Spotify and iTunes. I have run the fix that was suggested on the 12th January but it still isn't working. Can you please help me with this as I am now starting...
  9. Problems with Netflix App

Problems with Netflix App: When I play a movie, it plays ok and then after 30-60 seconds, the audio starts making weird noises and the audio is distorted. All my drivers are up to date and the app is up to date as well. Specs: Asus PG5C-MX/1333 - Intel LGA775 Pentium CPU - Intel® Core™2 Duo...
  10. Resolution not fitting screen & Others

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution not fitting screen & Others: I have a few problems, I'll just list them and what I know because frankly I can't think of the answers. Even working with computers as a job I'm still mind blown by some of these. Problem 1 I have a XFX R7-260X-CNF4 R7 260X running on windows 10 x64. Anyway my monitor...