Windows 10: Problem with Search the Web and Windows

Discus and support Problem with Search the Web and Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, when i click on the search the web and windows it says we cannot connect to the web search right now but you can still search for stuff,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dianelt, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Dianelt Win User

Problem with Search the Web and Windows

Hi everyone, when i click on the search the web and windows it says we cannot connect to the web search right now but you can still search for stuff, make sure you're currently connected to the internet. This confuses me as i am connected to the internet and where this Cortana is god knows! can anyone shed any light on this? thanks in advance

:)

Dianelt, Aug 28, 2015

2. "Search the web and Windows" is disabled with the current configuration on my laptop

The current configuration that Windows 10 or I have inadvertently installed on my laptop has disabled "Search the web Windows." The only way I can search the web is through the google icon which has Microsoft Edge while Internet Explorer best serves my
    needs. Can someone please help me restore the "Search the web and Windows" function. Thanks in advance

deltorious, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Drogon10 Win User
    Problems with "Search the web and Windows" - Files and Directories Won't Open

Run SFc scan and check

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Drogon10, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Problem with Search the Web and Windows

1. Problem with Search the Web and Windows - Similar Threads - Problem Search Web

2. Web search in Windows search isn't working!

in Cortana
    Web search in Windows search isn't working!: When i search in windows ,prior i got web searches as suggestions , Well now i don't get any suggestions from the web. Can you please help me get through this....
  3. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  4. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  5. Search is searching the web again

in Windows 10 Support
    Search is searching the web again: I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again....
  6. Customize Search the Web and Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Search the Web and Windows: Can "Search the web and Windows" be set to search only Windows locally? I've read that this can be done via a policy editor, but I work in Windows 10 Home, and that option isn't directly available. Thanks. 22807
  7. Dead! Search the Web and Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead! Search the Web and Windows: Something seems to have changed, so that I am no longer able to type anything in to the search space. How may Have caused that to happen? And, please, how do I rectify? 46330
  8. Search the web and windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and windows: Since yesterday i had popular news(bing) when i enter search but now that is gone and when i enter search it looks like this: [img] Any idea how to get back news on that search screen? P.S i didn't disable any related settings... 41684
  9. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...
  10. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working: I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes momentarily and immediately goes off. What needs to be enabled in MS CONFIG for this function to work? I have enabled every item...