Windows 10: Problem with selecting pen in Whiteboard

Discus and support Problem with selecting pen in Whiteboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop with touchscreen and a (active) stylus. I use the whiteboard a lot but I have a problem with selecting a pen/brush in the toolbar: when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Delamare, May 26, 2020.

1. Delamare Win User

Problem with selecting pen in Whiteboard

I have a laptop with touchscreen and a (active) stylus. I use the whiteboard a lot but I have a problem with selecting a pen/brush in the toolbar: when I click on it with the stylus it keeps selecting 2 pens - the first selected pen is still active. The result is that sometimes the program switches between the two selected pens. This morning I even had three pens at the same time selected! Is anyone familiar with this problem? I couldn't find any info about it elsewhere. I'm on Windows 10.1909 Home. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga C940.

Problem with selecting pen in Whiteboard [​IMG]

Problem with selecting pen in Whiteboard [​IMG]

:)

Delamare, May 26, 2020
  2. iBug Win User

Microsoft Whiteboard has multiple colors selected. What does it mean?

I have a laptop with support for active pen and I use Microsoft Whiteboard (WB) to draw stuff.

Recently I noticed this strange behavior when selecting colors (so as not to confuse with "pen"):

The behavior can be described as this:

• When I click or tap another color with mouse or finger (finger painting is constantly off), that color becomes selected and all other colors are deselected.
    • When I click another color with the pen, both the new color and the original color becomes selected, but only the new color is active when drawing lines with pen.

It seems like there's a "dummy color" and "active color", both appearing as "selected" in the toolbar, with clicking (mouse) or tapping (finger) changing both, and clicking (pen) changing only "active color".

I haven't found a description for this behavior in Microsoft Whiteboard Help. Does anyone know what it is?

MS WB version 19.11104.4496.0 (downloaded from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 v1909)

3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Whiteboard app version 19.11125.0 for iOS - December 18

Source: Microsoft Whiteboard on the App Store

Brink, May 26, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

Why do I have "HID-compliant whiteboard" in my device list with no actual USB whiteboard??

Sounds like a software that was installed for a whiteboard.

For example, I teach virtual classes and we use a virtual whiteboard and in order for me to use the pen i have to install the whiteboard software which has the device drivers for my pen.

Also could have been preloaded software that came with the HP machine cause it is is touchsmart.

SarahKong, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with selecting pen in Whiteboard - Similar Threads - Problem selecting pen

2. Whiteboard: my pen is not working well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whiteboard: my pen is not working well: When I am drawing on whiteboard, the color will automatcially swap between colors, even i didnt touch the color panel, the pen color will change to red or second color automatically. I have try to reset all the app and updated my window....
  3. Whiteboard: my pen is not working well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whiteboard: my pen is not working well: When I am drawing on whiteboard, the color will automatcially swap between colors, even i didnt touch the color panel, the pen color will change to red or second color automatically. I have try to reset all the app and updated my window....
  4. Pen issue on Microsoft Whiteboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen issue on Microsoft Whiteboard: Hello,I am having trouble with the pen functions on the Microsoft Whiteboard. For example: If I click the first pen black on the tool bar and try to write, my pen color will randomly switch to the color of the second pen on the tool bar even though the tool bar shows that the...
  5. Pen issue on Microsoft Whiteboard

Pen issue on Microsoft Whiteboard: Hello,I am having trouble with the pen functions on the Microsoft Whiteboard. For example: If I click the first pen black on the tool bar and try to write, my pen color will randomly switch to the color of the second pen on the tool bar even though the tool bar shows that the...
  6. Issues with Microsoft Whiteboard and pen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Microsoft Whiteboard and pen: In Whiteboard using an HP x360 g10 there are some serious issues with the pen. In all other programs the pen works just fine. What causes this?Videoexample...
  7. Issues with Microsoft Whiteboard and pen

Issues with Microsoft Whiteboard and pen: In Whiteboard using an HP x360 g10 there are some serious issues with the pen. In all other programs the pen works just fine. What causes this?Videoexample...
  8. whiteboard can't be open by pen shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whiteboard can't be open by pen shortcut: my pen work normally with other app, just can't open the whitebboard shortcut. I have uninstall then install again. it always say need other app to open whiteboard...
  9. whiteboard can't be open by pen shortcut

whiteboard can't be open by pen shortcut: my pen work normally with other app, just can't open the whitebboard shortcut. I have uninstall then install again. it always say need other app to open whiteboard...
  10. problem with whiteboard

problem with whiteboard: I have the following problem: I have a graphic tablet and I could write normally on whiteboard. After updating windows 10 18 April 2020 , the stylus moves all the canvas whithout the pen stroke. I read the discussion on this, but the problem was not solved. What can i do;...